I’ve looked in all the usual places.
Sorry SM. I have been looking all over and I cannot find any match. I’m not sure if this is proprietary or AI. At this point I’m beginning to think that my font finding abilities are becoming obsolete. I’m really struggling to help people these days with my tried and true methods of research. Oh well. I’ll keep trying though ![]()
It does seem a little off. Especially how on the V and W the thicker stroke juts out a little past the thin stroke. I wonder if it was AI generated.
Go to font squirrel, and look for the font squirrel matcherartor. You may find a similar font.
I found the R in a different font - I’m so sorry I didn’t remember it I kept looking and forgot to save it.
It looks odd, like different fonts squeezed together and then bastersised.
If you look at the D, it’s thickk on left and right, and the other letters are not.
W and Y are thick on the right and the A is thick on the left.
The E and A also appear customised.
And then V and W have something going on the bottom I’ve not seen before.
It’s either
- A font
- A customised combination of fonts
- AI generated font/text
I’d be happy if it was 1 or 2.
But I can’t find anything to match exactly to just 1 font.
I’m pretty sure it’s not Ai because it’s from an old logo that probably predates digital.
I’ll try searching letter by letter. It’s likely that there is more than one typeface here - not least because the kerning is awful. It may have been done with letraset originally.
I looked through the Letraset catalogue and the Mecanorama one, no luck. If it’s not old it might just be badly designed so I looked through the DA Fonts submissions. Nothing close. I even asked AI for help.
I just need ‘& LANDSCAPING’ to add to this logo so I made it up from the letters I have. The ‘&’, ‘N’, ‘P’ and ‘G’ are all new. The rest of the letters are existing. I’m not totally happy with the ‘N’ but it will do.
I’m with Smurf2 on this one — the inconsistencies between letters are the giveaway for me. The D, I and S look like clean Didone/modern-serif letterforms, but the R’s leaf-like flick on the leg, the E’s curled middle bar, and the way the W and Y dive below the baseline all feel hand-drawn rather than coming from one typeface. My honest take: you’ll probably never find an exact match because there isn’t one — the base was likely a Bodoni or Didot style face with custom swashes added by hand. If you want to recreate it, I’d trace the clean letters from a Didone revival and redraw the flourish letters yourself; that’ll get you closer than another round of font hunting.
I recently had a project with a vintage Magazine Logo and needed to get something similar to the font used.
It was hand drawn and nothing quite right was out there.
So I found an AI thing that was actually helpful.
mixfont.com made a very passable version of it. I showed it the logo and it spat out a font. It would not work well for a lot of things, and a few bad characters were generated, but I mostly just needed the numbers.
I hate AI, but if it’s used sparingly and only as a tool I have been known to hold my nose and just get the job done. Here’s the thread where I was asking about it and some examples of what it did.

