Portfolio Website Critique

Drunken men with heavy, long-range guns and cannons. There’s nothing that goes better with liquor than explosive projectiles.
:wink:

Sorry, I quoted the wrong part of your original post – but you realised that. They are just two I know of. Doesn’t matter though really. It was just a light-hearted comment.

Ah hah! You definitely get it haha! Love it. Liquor and BIG guns that make bigger booms.

1 Like

I’ve been working a ton — including the whole weekend — and I am fried. Here are my short answers.

That’s something you need to work on. If you want to put together some options to get feedback, that’s fine. But you’ll be a better designer if you work on this problem yourself rather than soliciting ideas from others.

I’m not opposed to the use of mock-ups in moderation, and I don’t think you overdid it.

Show solid work without the gimmicks. You want people to be able to see and pay attention to your work.

1 Like

@Steve_O

Thank you so much for the critique! I am not going to lie I get a little flustered (but I know its for the best) when someone tells me “you need to figure it out on your own”

Fast forward to today I had an “ah hah” moment for how to better present my designs.

As far as the rest of your advice thank you for your time. All of your guys’ and gals’ feedback is being taken seriously to work on bettering my attractiveness to an employer.

It matters in regards to your reliability. “Quite a few” turned out to be two, so shame on you.

Here we go again…

I will not engage with you in another attempted bun fight – especially over such an innocuous and inconsequential side remark. If it helps, I hereby retract it.

None of us are here for petty, irrelevant playground fights – at least, I would hope not.

It was only a light-hearted rhyme, relax.

@praxis, you have a habit of needlessly poking and jabbing people. You were suspended for a few days about a month ago for doing that. You’re a valued member of the forum, and I honestly don’t want to make that suspension permanent. Going forward, however, it’s up to you.

Needlessly? Sprout proved to be unreliable. Fortunately, in this case it isn’t so consequential, but what if sprout were giving advice about something critical, like what font to use on a business card or what is the complementary color of pink, life and death stuff like that, lives could be in the balance, and lives could be lost! I’ve done a service to the community here. You should be thanking me.

I have no intention of arguing with you. You’re done.