Racing Game Logo redesign

Thank you for answering.
As I mentioned before, it’s not an actual project.
It’s just my approach to a logo. I made it just for fun.
That’s why these versions are so similar
I just had an idea and some spare time to design the logo and the presentation.
But thank you for sharing your thoughts and “challenging” me to come up with something better.

Understood.

Although practice work is great, I think part of what underlies many of the responses you’ve received is the notion that the best practice exercises involve solving realistic problems in realistic ways that mimic real situations. Just to put things into context, most who have responded to your critique request are experienced, working professionals who are looking at what you’ve posted from the perspective of whether or not it’s a workable and saleable solution to show to a client.

Practicing only those parts of design problems that are fun or interesting, such as aesthetic or software skills, while neglecting the less-fun aspects, like sales tactics, client expectations, budgets, practicality, target audiences, what the competition is doing, etc., leads to an unevenly developed set of skills. Saying it’s only practice work isn’t a good defense for nice-looking but less-than-well-conceived approaches or results.

Graphic design is about using one’s artistic and communication skills to address business communication issues. A great-looking logo presented as part of a great-looking presentation might be, well, great-looking, but it kind of misses the point of there being a whole lot more to it than that.

My main issue was it didn’t solve the previous logo issues, and introduced more issues.

This is exactly the reason I post my work here.
To read -sometimes harsh, yet experienced and straightforward- opinions.
I really appreciate your time you devote answering me.
Sincerely I really thank you all!
I’ll try to approach this in a more thoughtful way and repost here.

1 Like

Never thought it like that! Thank you smurf.
I know you’re harsh sometimes, but your critique is very helpful.

I find a lot of the time that the thought process has been forgotten about. I’ll always aim to push people and ask them questions. I’m not in the crit pit to be your pal and slap you in the back and say well done. What would be the point of that?

People post here cos they want to improve. And you’ll never improve if you have thought provoking insights.

If you think my critique is harsh wait till you are presenting to a board room or a boss or a dickhead client.

Exactly Smurf2!
Totally agree!
By saying harsh, I meant that sometimes you say something (like your first post) without elaborating.
But after that you explained, so, thank you really!

I was just hoping you’d think about it. Hope it all helped, everyone gave great honest feedback.

Why not try this again?