Hey guys, this is a bit of an odd one.
I got an order in the shop today for something that needed to be turned around really quickly, so I slapped something together, they liked round 1 and it’s on the press right now. So while the design is done, I’m still feeling like there was room for improvement and just kind of want to hear what you guys might have done differently.
The oddest part is that I didn’t get a brief so much as I got two designs to work from - the old art that they’d used in previous years, and a low-res printout of the client’s mockup of what they were thinking. So to post the work I did with the right context, I’d kind of have to be putting up two designs that weren’t my own for reference, and I’m not sure if that’s acceptable.
Without the visual reference, the best context is that they needed “passes” for the regional volleyball games that are business card sized and contain a lot of data crammed into it. I don’t think I could sum up the visuals I was given in an effective way, but I tried to take the principles I saw them aiming for and polish it up so it was a little less…a little less a lot is probably the best way to put it.