RIP: The Necrology Thread

This is so very sad. Chadwick Boseman has passed after a 4 year battle with cancer. He was only 43. RIP Chadwick :heart:

Saddest news of the day :frowning_face:

Can’t say I’ve ever heard that f him, it 43 is way too young.

He portrayed many historical figures like Jackie Robinson, James Brown and Thurgood Marshall. He also brought Black Panther to life. Being the Marvel nut I am, I knew right away who it was when I heard :frowning:

Tom Seaver NY Mets hero of the 1969 World Series died on Monday from complications of Lyme disease, dementia and Covid 19.

I’m just reading Dame Diana Rigg has passed :frowning: She was an amazing Actress. I loved watching her in everything from The Avengers to the only woman to ever marry James Bond, to the Crimson Horror of Doctor Who. I know she played a major role in Game of Thrones as well … but, I’ve never seen that.
She was diagnosed with cancer this past March. She was 82. RIP Dame Diana :heart:

drigg5

drigg4

drigg1

1 Like

A woman who married 007 who was not Sean Connery did not marry James Bond. Still, I admire Diana Rigg quite a lot. She had a certain air about her. RIP.

1 Like

I remember Diana Rigg in The Avengers from when I was just a little kid. I don’t remember for sure, but it seems to have been one of those British shows that always ended up on Public Television here in the states.

1 Like

yep … PBS was how I saw all my childhood favs. The Avengers, Monty Python, Benny Hill, Doctor Who. Well not so much Doctor Who then … it scared me :wink: … But as I got older I gained a very deep fondness for the show. Still do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too. In addition, I always watched Good Neighbors, which I think was retitled from its original British name, The Good Life. There was also my all-time favorite — John Cleese’s Fawlty Towers.

1 Like

Classy lady, Diana Rigg.
I never watched Dr. Who. Keep meaning to do it, but never quite get to it. So many incarnations, so little time (need a tardis I guess)

1 Like

Yes Just B!!! Those too … and that reminds me of To the Manor Born. Another really sweet and funny britcom … and of course Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances and As Time Goes By to name a few. :heart:

(I appear to be on a Brit roll today)
:smiley:

I highly recommend it when you might have some time. It’s a fantastic series. I especially like the the second reincarnation that started with Christopher Eccleston. I wish he had done more. But, I fell in love with David Tennant when he took over and then was really ticked off when he left vowing to never like Matt Smith … and then I proceeded to fall in love with him and was really ticked off when he left crying in woe that it would never be the same and then falling in love with Peter Capaldi … and so on and so on :wink:

For me, Tom Baker will always be Dr. Who. All the others are imposters. I’ll admit to also being a big Downton Abbey fan. When the movie came out last year, I practically had to plead with Mrs. B to go see it. I loved it. She thought it was boring. Then there’s Red Dwarf, which I never really cared for.

1 Like

Tom was the Doctor of my youth … but he scared me for some reason … but now that I’ve been able to see what older episodes are left, I really wish I wasn’t scared back then :wink:

I only saw a few episodes of Downton Abbey. Which is odd as I love the aesthetics of the Victorian/Edwardian ages … not so much the social implications however. The few I saw were involving a conniving young butler and old ladies maid and they really made me mad how easily they got away with dirty business… so I lost interest. I almost feel as though I’m under a rock with some series. :wink:

Don’t think it was PBS, but one of my favourites was The Professionals, with Gordon Jackson and Martin Shaw. It was action packed (for British shows) and violent.

Much, much earlier on, there was Here’s Harry. Harry Worth, the star, killed me.

1 Like

Oops – Perhaps it’s the wrong thread to discuss this?

1 Like

Nah … it’s fine here :slight_smile:

This thread often brings up fond memories … I think it’s good that past memories are shared when someone passes - whatever path that leads down :heart:

1 Like

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a justice on the U.S. Supreme Court, has died at age 87 from pancreatic cancer. This opens the door for Trump to nominate a replacement and for the Republican Senate to approve it before he’s tossed out of the White House on his butt next January 20. I’d say more, but this isn’t a political forum.

I don’t even know what to say right now. All I will say is RIP dear lady :heart: