RIP: The Necrology Thread

and he was vaccinated according to his family.

Very sad news.

Covid vaccines are only 80percent effective against hospitalisation.

You’re 70 times more likely to survive covid complications with the vaccine than without.

My wife works with the head of cardiology department and gets info like this all the time.

Sadly, you can still get covid and get very sick, or worse, not get sick and pass it on to someone else.

It’s hard times these days.

Yes, but he was in an extremely high-risk group (advanced age plus a type of cancer that suppresses one’s immune system), that made him especially vulnerable to infections.

1 Like

Apparently he had Parkinson’s and multiple myeloma.

1 Like

I don’t think there is another songwriter, Broadway or not, who can marry words and music quite like Stephen Sondheim.

RIP.

Sometimes, a LOT of words, LOL. I love his work.

Bob Dole, 1923 - 2021, WWII veteran, U.S. Senator, presidential candidate.

1 Like

I just read about this. :frowning: It’s hard to believe he was almost 100!

RIP Mr. Dole :heart:

Yeah, it really is amazing how fast time seems to pass, and it’s a little bit scary.

1 Like

Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it seems to go. There you go. Steve’s cheery thought for the day.

2 Likes

I never heard that one :wink: Kinda true 
 and as B said 
 kinda scary :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ahhhh, he was always my favorite Monkee.
:frowning_face:

Aww 
 how sad. :frowning: RIP Michael :heart:

I just read Anne Rice has passed at 80 :frowning: She had complications from a stroke. I loved her writings. A few of my favorites were The Vampire Lestat, Interview with the Vampire and Queen of the Damned.

RIP Anne :heart:

1 Like

I just read that too.
I only ever read Interview with a Vampire and had a hard time getting through that.

She had quite an
eclectic
range of subject matter. Not just vampires

1 Like

Yes, she did. I read one that about blew my eyeballs out one time. I felt like I should hide it under my mattress when finished lol :stuck_out_tongue:

:rofl:

I was a big fan. I read all the books before the film came out, which didn’t do a great job of interpreting the book I thought.

We thank Anne Rice for giving us a vampire we could love, or at least relate to. Still horrifying, but not a two dimensional monster.

The old TV show Dark Shadows gave us a Vampire we could love first. :wink:
RKK, I think she had several of “those”? Not my thing either. There was a Beauty book kicking around the house for a bit. First chapter? Yah, no thanks.

1 Like