RIP: The Necrology Thread

Another question is, will the monarchy survive to have another Queen? The line of succession is Charles, William, George. George would need to have a first born daughter, but that’s soooo far away, will the monarchy still be a thing then? Was QE2 the last Queen to reign the British monarchy?

Hope not. ‘God save or gracious king’ sounds wrong. I like having a female monarch, if we have to have one.

Isn’t Princess Charlotte at #3

1 Like

Yes, she is :slight_smile: However, when George grows up, gets married and has children … they all get pushed back :wink:

From the Royal website.

The line of Succession

SOVEREIGN

1. The Prince of Wales

2. Prince George of Wales

3. Princess Charlotte of Wales

4. Prince Louis of Wales

5. The Duke of Sussex

6. Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor

7. Miss Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor

8. The Duke of York

9. Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

10. Miss Sienna Mapelli Mozzi

11. Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank

12. Master August Brooksbank

13. The Earl of Wessex

14. Viscount Severn

15. The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor

16. The Princess Royal

17. Mr. Peter Phillips

18. Miss Savannah Phillips

19. Miss Isla Phillips

20. Mrs. Michael Tindall

21. Miss Mia Tindall

22. Miss Lena Tindall

23. Master Lucas Tindall

Royal Succession

1 Like

Who knows? Twenty years from now, Prince George could do something crazy. decide to marry an American actress, and move to California. And of, course, there was the whole Wallace Simpson scandal that ended King Edward’s reign in the 1930s. The unexpected often happens. :wink:

2 Likes

Time will tell :wink:

As an outsider, I never understood that whole scenario. I get that he “loved” her more than he loved being a King. But, he sure did burn a lot of bridges… willingly.

Watching them in their older years was sad. They both looked like two very worn out and defeated by life people.

This is why we had Elizabeth as Queen. When Edward VII abdicated, his brother became King George VI. He was Elizabeth’s father. Elizabeth was never going to be Queen in the normal run of things. She wasn’t even a Princess, she was Duchess of York until Edward left to spend more time with his favourite American.

Louise Fletcher has passed at 88. She has been in so many movies and TV shows. I think my two favorite characters were Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (that she won an Oscar for) and The Grandmother in Flowers in the Attic.

louise-fletcher-og-38645

LFletcher

2 Likes

I’d like to give a toot for Pharaoh Sanders. Gone to the Great Gig In The Sky.

Unknown

3 Likes

RIP Coolio :frowning: :heart:

He was 59. There is no other information at this time.

Another childhood icon lost. :frowning: RIP Loretta Lynn :heart: She was 90 years old. She sure had an amazing life :heart:

ll5

Loretta-Lynn

_126971190_gettyimages-74282209

Loretta-Lynn-2-

2 Likes

That’s a damn shame - she was a great singer, my favourite female country artist. Widely copied but never bettered.

1 Like
2 Likes

Aww … I loved her in so many things.The Manchurian Candidate, Sweeney Todd, Nanny McPhee, Murder She Wrote, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Beauty and the Beast - to name a few.

Robbie Coltrane has passed at 72 :frowning: RIP Hagrid :heart:

2 Likes

Most people know him as Hagrid of course, but I’d recommend seeking out Cracker (possibly the darkest TV detective of the 90s). A very different role.

2 Likes

On top of that, I can stretch my memory back to his comedian days, pairing with, of all people, Hugh Laurie.

Interesting that quite a few dramatic actors have their roots in comedy.

Oh my heart ! :frowning: Leslie Allen Jordan has passed away. He died in a car crash today at 67. My heart hurts so badly right now. He was such an amazing human being. Rest easy sweet Leslie. You were beloved by so many. :heart:

He looks vaguely familiar, but I’m not sure what I’ve seen him in.

1 Like

He has been in many TV shows and movies. His big claim to fame was Beverly Leslie on Will & Grace. He was a riot. He also had terrific rolls on American Horror Story and he is in the current series, Call Me Cat. He started an Instagram account during the Pandemic and skyrocketed to 5 million followers almost overnight. He was so funny and helped commiserate with all of us. He would start nearly every video with “Hello my fellow hunker downers. This is Leslie Allen Jordan reporting for duty” and then give some sweet childhood story or funny story from work. He was just so darn sweet. :heart: