RIP: The Necrology Thread

Aww … Bob McGrath has passed at 90. RIP Bob❤

It looks as though she succumbed to cancer :frowning:

05xp-alley-articleLarge

1 Like

What surprised me the most is that she was 71. In my mind I thought she was closer to late 50s, maybe early 60s.

1 Like

That’s what I said too … I for sure thought she was mid 50’s

… btw … they don’t mention her portrayal of Savvik in Star Trek. That’s the very first thing I remember seeing her in.

Out of curiosity I looked up that Ted Danson, Rhea Perlman and George Wendt are 74 from Cheers, so the age now “makes more sense”.

Sigh, time needs to slow down.

1 Like

Dame Vivienne Westwood, iconic Punk Fashion Designer, has died at 81. Vivienne gained popularity when she began making clothes in the late 60’s and opened a boutique with Malcolm McLaren. It was called SEX. She designed much of the clothing for the band McLaren managed - The Sex Pistols. Vivienne is largely responsible for bringing modern punk and new wave fashions into the mainstream. RIP Vivienne :heart:

VWestwood

2 Likes

RIP Pelé.

5 Likes

More sad news … Barbara Walters has passed at 93. She began her journalist career in 1961 and spent the next 5 decades doing what she loved. Rest in peace Barbara :heart:

1 Like

There is a documentary on the Sex Pistols called “The Filth and the Fury.” You can watch the entire thing on YouTube. It’s pretty interesting if you lived through the era, have any interest in punk rock or a strong interest in music in general, really. There is some language and brief nudity, so consider yourself warned. Anyway, it does get into the SEX boutique, Malcolm, and briefly mentions Vivienne.

1 Like

Little late, but I just read that Terry Hall of The Specials passed away a few weeks ago.

A-27937-1493351878-7842

2 Likes

Adam Rich from TV’s Eight is Enough passed away at 54.

1 Like

The aftermath of being a famous child star seems to really take a toll on people. Their developmental years are spent in lives of fame, popularity, adoring fans, and people who indulge their every need and desire. I’m not sure what kind of parent would subject their kids to this sort of thing, but I suspect it’s the type of parent who’s part of the problem.

These kids grow up to find that it was all temporary and that the foundation of their lives didn’t prepare them for the reality of being an adult and just another anonymous face in the crowd.

I don’t know why Adam Rich died at such a young age, but the news articles say he had previously been arrested for burglarizing a pharmacy, so I’m assuming there were probably drug addiction, financial, and mental illness issues he was dealing with as an adult. It’s sad.

1 Like

I can’t tell you how sad I am to hear this news - one of my heroes.

I’ll be listening to his music for the rest of my life.

4 Likes

I’ve followed Jeff Beck ever since the Yardbirds as a pre-teenager. This is sad.

1 Like

RIP Jeff :frowning: :heart:

This is unreal :frowning: Cardiac arrest at 54 :frowning:

1 Like

Wow, that is crazy, and far too young.

1 Like

Robbie Knievel, daredevil son of Evel Knievel, has passed at 60 from pancreatic cancer :frowning: RIP Robbie :heart:

1 Like

I don’t know much about Robbie, but I did have one of these way, way back in the day.

e2

2 Likes

I would not have guessed that Gina Lollobrigida was still alive.

1 Like