RIP: The Necrology Thread

I’d admit I did have a huge crush on her. RIP.

1 Like

I saw that on the news this morning. I had not heard of her before.

She was a common name in our house … because whenever one of us girls would start acting too fancy, My Mom loved to chime in … ‘‘who do you think you are, Gina Lollobrigida?’’ :grin:

Seriously?

…and Thanks @Steve_O for the heads up. I seem to be having issues LOL. It’s one of the things I hateeee with this Chromebook thing. One false finger tap and it refreshes, deletes everything or goes back a page and I don’t even realize it :roll_eyes:

I have to be super careful and it’s driving me bonkers.

1 Like

I’ve always placed Raquel Welch, Sophia Loren, Bridgett Bardot, Gina Lollobrigida, and perhaps, Marilyn Monroe into the same category. They were the exotic, sultry, sex-symbol movie actresses of their time — or so my memories from being a too young at the time to have really noticed tell me.

1 Like

It feels like the end of an era ;

2 Likes

They are dropping fast these days … or so it seems :frowning:

Two of my musical heroes died within a few days of each other — Jeff Beck and David Crosby. I was listening to a song by the Byrds not more than 45 minutes ago. The album, Crosby, Stills & Nash, has to rank right up there in my top ten all-time favorites.

1 Like

Let your freak flag fly.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t know the Television fella … but Wednesday Addams I do :frowning:

RIP Lisa :heart:

Cindy Williams of Laverne & Shirley fame passed at age 75.

2 Likes

Icons of my youth are disappearing fast. I guess that is the natural progression of things … but wow… One’s own mortality becomes clearer as the days pass.

1 Like

Noooooooooo!
This thread hurts.

1 Like

I’m really beginning to feel old. Laverne & Shirley was a nostalgia TV show from the 1970s about the 1950s. Now, it’s the 2020s, and I’ve read shows are on their way about the 1990s, which, for me, still seems like the future, even though it was over 20 years ago.

Twenty years from now, there’ll be nostalgic shows about what we’re doing right now. Agggghhh! When that time comes, maybe the nurses at the rest home will prop me up in bed to watch them.

1 Like

Side note. There is a spinoff / continuation of That '70s Show on Netflix called That '90s Show. The gist of it is that Red and Kitty’s granddaughter stays with them for the summer. We watched a couple of episodes and gave up. The scenes with the granddaughter and her group of friends are really bad. The scenes with cameos of the original kids are really bad. The scenes that focus on Red and Kitty are great. But they aren’t great enough to put up with everything else. If you’re looking for something to watch, the original That '70s Show was pretty fun.

1 Like

I stopped watching TV almost 5 years ago now (except for the occasional Super Bowl maybe.)
It’s almost all bad acting, stupid plot devices and insipid commercials showing a life using products I neither want nor need. [shrug] Never actually watched Laverne and Shirley (but I know about milk and Pepsi, :nauseated_face:)

1 Like

Ugh, 75?! That doesn’t seem possible. My parents are 76 which (to somewhat echo RKK’s thoughts) makes me realize their mortality. I pray that they remain healthy and mentally “there” for as long as possible.

1 Like