RIP: The Necrology Thread

Another of my heroes. R.I.P.

Irish World Rally Championship driver, Craig Breen, killed in Rally Croatia testing crash.

Godspeed, Craig.

1 Like

Dame Mary Quant, THE fashion designer of the Swinging 60s

2 Likes

Aww … I just found out Dame Edna Everage (Barry Humphries) passed yesterday at 89. She was an absolute riot! Listening to her talk about her husband and the misadventures her children would get up to was always so so funny. RIP sweet Edna. You will always be remembered for your wit and wisdom. :heart:

Harry Belafonte has passed at 96. He was a barrier breaking Singer, Actor and Activist. RIP Harry :heart:

Harry-Belafonte-2

3 Likes
1 Like

Gordon Lightfoot has passed at 84. Another legend gone :frowning:

3 Likes
2 Likes

If Gordon Lightfoot wrote “Canadian Railroad Trilogy” and did not write another song in his life, he’d still go down in history as Canada’s national treasure. Rest in peace.

2 Likes

Tina Turner: Music legend dies at 83 Tina Turner: Music legend dies at 83 - BBC News

1 Like

As a young teenager, some friends and I went to see the movie Tommy. We went to see how The Who had turned their album from a few years earlier into a full-length movie.

Years later, I don’t remember much about the movie. What I do remember is Tina Turner playing the role of The Acid Queen.

2 Likes

I always thought she was timeless … she never seemed to age. I loved her music. RIP Tina :heart:

Hot damm I had forgotten about that. It shows how long she was at the top.

I just saw that Astrud Gilberto has passed at 83. I might have not known her by name, but I sure knew this song. It was one of my Mom’s favorites. For anyone who doesn’t know, she was a Brazilian samba and bossa nova singer and songwriter. She gained international attention in the mid-1960s from this song. RIP Astrud :heart:

2 Likes

Awe, bummer. I’m a fan of her work.

1 Like

Sad to hear. That song is still one of my favorites. I’m sure many other musicians would agree that this song made a huge impact in the jazz community.

1 Like

The Unabomber is dead.

1 Like

I had no idea he was 81. I can’t believe 25 years have passed since he was sentenced.

Aw, Tony Bennett died. One of my mom’s favorites

2 Likes

My Mom’s fav too :frowning: RIP Tony :heart: