RIP: The Necrology Thread

RIP Peter Tork. First LP I bought was a Monkees album. My Favourite Monkees song:

1 Like

This is so sad. You just never know :frowning:

Luke Perry has died at 52. He suffered a stroke and was rushed to the hospital, but it was too massive. I think it always impacts more when it happens to folks around my age. Along with every other girl I knew, loved him in Beverly HIlls 90210. RIP Luke :heart:

Luke-Perry

1 Like

Holy cow, 52 seems far too young.

1 Like

It sure does :frowning:

Cody Mooney, 1988 - 2019

Read the story, scroll down to watch the video, have a tissue handy.

Keith Flint, front man of The Prodigy.
896915582-The-Prodigy-Keith-Flint
Memorably described as the ‘Neon Demon’ who kickstarted Dance culture in the UK with tunes like ‘Firestarter’.

1 Like

Dick Dale, gone at 81.

2 Likes

Aww RIP Dick :frowning:

1 Like

Jake Phelps, editor of Thrasher, died on Saturday.

1 Like

Another one way too young.

1 Like

Another bit of my youth is gone . . .

Roger Charlery, aka Ranking Roger, 1963 - 2019

1 Like

I don’t think I know him. RIP non the less. It’s so hard when icons of our youth seem to be passing rather quickly :frowning:

If you’re, ahem, of a certain age, you might remember two of his bands: The Beat (aka The English Beat) and General Public.

Still don’t know them. I looked them up and they were Brit Bands. I didn’t know many of them until I got older. Somehow I never heard of these groups. I do see that some of the same members were part of Dexy’s Midnight Runners. Them I know :smiley: :wink: I love them and their greatest hit :smiley:

This is horrible!!!

They are saying the interior is completely involved. “Everything is burning.”

I saw that several minutes ago. This makes me feel absolutely horrible. Notre Dame Cathedral is one of the great masterpieces of Western culture. At least the stone can’t burn. I hope no matter what it takes, whatever is left should be rebuilt and restored. The destruction of the irreplaceable stained glass alone is terrible.

Yeah, that’s an incredible shame.

It’s going to be an unimaginable loss :frowning:

I just posted in off topic about it before I saw this.

Peter Mayhew, who became known to fans worldwide as the lovable Wookiee Chewbacca in the Star Wars galaxy of films, has died. He was 74.

1 Like

RIP Doris Day
A fine actress and incredible singer. I always had a bit of a crush on her.
p01h69tq

1 Like