Share Your Photos

When you said “no longer there,” I thought you were referring to the business. A lot of times, a place goes out of business, and the sign is left. It sounds like the sign is gone, too. Bummer. It was a beauty.

It was a very cool place with great food. I remember being taken there as a kid in pajamas, and eating in the car from a tray propped on the window, delivered by a waitress on roller skates.

e63098d4eecb363deb9bf310e730a671

A couple years back the sign was restored by trade school students (minus the neon, apparently), and put on exhibit at the Hazleton Historical Society:

2 Likes

Dabbling with toy photography should be fun

2 Likes

Good to see you posting pics again Willy. Can’t wait to see what adventures your toys are going to get up to :wink:

1 Like

Here’s a shot from our weekend hike. This is not a particularly photogenic overlook and nothing that I’d want to hang on my wall, but after climbing all that way, I had to take at least one photo.

5 Likes

3 Likes

My drum kit (yes, I’m an aging prog-rock dork).

And speaking of progressive rock, a few weeks back, my daughter (14 years old) took in her first real rock show. Like me, she’s a fan of drummer Mike Portnoy, and we had a chance to see one of his current projects, Sons of Apollo, at a small-ish venue not far from home. My whole family went. They were crazy good. This was the best shot I got, which is to say, I didn’t get any good shots.

3 Likes

I don’t know much about drum kits or drumming, but it sure looks impressive to a non-educated eye.

2 Likes

Awesome kit! Looks like you’ve got cymbals for every occasion!

1 Like

Yeah, I always liked having a diverse selection of voices. There are 6 different cymbal brands there in, I dunno, 10 sizes? 11? (Rolling my eyes at myself.) That’s why I have little timbales and big roto-toms too. Most of this stuff would never be included in a traveling rig unless it was an original and very progressive outfit, but for the home kit, less is not more. (Sorry, I hate it when people say ‘less is more’. It isn’t.) And these days, they ain’t goin’ anywhere.

These food pics are looking live and looking so delicious.

“Business hasn’t been the same since they moved the highway.”

4 Likes

That’s some rare shade!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Vince Low scribbles

Seeing RKK’s art of coronavirus posts reminded me of this photo I took a few years ago. This is the actual house that served as inspiration for the house in Wood’s painting. It’s in southern Iowa.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic :heart:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Last night’s moon was quite spectacular – large and bright.

3 Likes

Oooh that’s a gorgeous capture :heart:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like