Share Your Photos

One of my favorite shoots, several years ago.

5 Likes

Lots of good stuff here!

Here are a few pics from my gravel ride this evening. It was a fan-freakin-tastic way to start the weekend.

5 Likes

Great pics! I especially love that sunset :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Another set from a couple different walkabouts several years ago, at a local park on the river.

4 Likes

I am acquainted with an individual who does the Unbound gravel race every year (formerly known as Dirty Kanza).

He’s kinda nuts. Custom/self-design $12k titanium frame and best-of-the-best components nuts.
I don’t recall the company he commissioned to build the frame, but it had a sailboat in the logo I think.

I have several friends that have done Unbound, too. Including one guy that does the 200 mile option. I like long rides and will typically do a couple of 100 mile rides a year, but, yeah, you need to be a special kind of nuts to do a 200 mile gravel race. Maybe if I were independently wealth and could train all day instead of having to work.

This gentleman does indeed take this option. Last I heard he was placing very high in his class, but he’s getting old enough now that his class will change. I expect him to win his class easily next time around, but he does train hard for it year long.

I fully expect him to kill himself someday, with a smile on his face, covered in dirt, dust, mud and spandex.

1 Like

A hunter kindly volunteered to briefly abandon its native habitat on my car’s passenger side mirror for an afternoon shoot.

The brown recluse did not volunteer, and got what it deserved for the disruption.

4 Likes

Nice!

Another random selection from shoots a while back. The wife’s cat on my hat table was impromptu with my phone a couple weeks ago.

2 Likes

At about 3:30 am. It’s raining now, so it will probably all be gone in no time :wink:

2 Likes

That’s a nice photo, but it does beg the question: what are you doing up at 3:30 am?

2 Likes

My guess would be to press a button on the night table to remotely trigger the shutter of the outdoor camera.

1 Like

A couple of crummy cell phone pics of a church designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. I’d love to get back here some day with my big camera.

2 Likes

It’s the way I sleep at times :wink:

I fell asleep about 8:30 last night and woke up wide-eyed and ready to go at roughly 3 am.

I made breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, worked on my grocery list, and made tuna salad for lunch so it has time to get flavorful. Now, I’m sipping a mug of tea and feeling like a nap may be in the near future lol :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That makes sense … sort of. :laughing:

My wife can get by with six or six and a half hours of sleep. My body really needs a solid eight hours. I know this is what the young folks call a “first world problem,” but I seriously dislike having to turn lights on when I wake up. I much prefer letting the sun wake me up.

1 Like

Miss Bella trying to get used to her first Christmas tree :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Kitten. Christmas Traa. At leat you won’t have to take it down again!

1 Like