Visual Hierarchy/Composition: Satisfactory. Large image, boxes underneath, boxes all the way down. This is pretty standard on the web these days and while it’s not revolutionary or groundbreaking, it gets the job done.
Color Use: Satisfactory. You chose a color and kept it consistent throughout. Without knowing the brand, or German, it’s hard to say whether or not you’re making good use of the color. It’s not the most colorful site, but it’s not unpleasant to look at either.
any other UX or design optimisations. I have a few critiques:
- Just so you’re aware, the most important item in your navigation is the contact button. That might be what’s best for this site, or maybe you might want to direct users more-so to the shop or the Konfigurator.
- The hero image you chose doesn’t show a single smart-home product. Unless those windows are connected to the wifi somehow.
- The image under Konfigurator is very nice. When we go back to talking about color, it would be nice to see if you could incorporate the palette from that image in more of the site. Especially further down when you talk about whatever “Bereiche” means.
- It looks like your Konfigurator has a progress indicator (1/4). Good job! It minimizes distractions but also lets the user know how far in the process they are.
- What is “Beleuchtung”, and do you really want it to have the same icon as your logo?
- Smart videos: I like that you’re including videos. Sometimes it’s better to show. Good job.
- Why is some of the site German, some English? You randomly have copy in here that says, “Start configuring your Smartest Home and let one of our qualified specialists guide you through from initiation to insulation.”
- Is this for a real client? Do you intend to build this out? If so, I think it’s a good start. If it’s a portfolio piece or something for a project, and you intend to keep both the English and German, make sure spell-check.