***Snickers, Chuckles, Giggles & Guffaws!

He’ll be here all week folks. Try the veal and don’t forget to tip your waitress!

:grin:

2 Likes

The Oatmeal nails it again :smiley:

3 Likes

4 Likes

The premiere issue is never perfect. I think the spring and summer editions will be much better.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed :heart:

@PrintDriver and @Just-B will appreciate this given the Bobcat thread
:grin:

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

RKK’s post reminded me of this.

redneck11

1 Like

I practically needed to physically restrain Mrs. B from walking out and trying to pet that bobcat. Instead, she settled for taking a photo of it through a screened upstairs window.

2 Likes

A few summers back I had a few bobcat kittens in my backyard (see pic). I’d seen the mom in our neighborhood on and off and we are in a pretty typical suburban area. These were pics from our back window. They hung around for a few minutes before leaping over our 8-9 foot tall fence.

3 Likes

2 Likes

CSans

7 Likes

2 Likes

I saw the movie. So, yeah, letting me watch the film was not a good idea either.

1 Like

Oh man, what a heart breaker. I’ve only watched it once. Much like Marley and Me. :sob:

Old Yeller and Sounder we had to read the books in middle school.
Never saw the movies.

Lucky you!

In 4th Grade, Miss Whitbeck read Where the Red Fern Grows to our class over the course of a month or so. At the end of the book, we were all traumatized by the deaths of Billy’s two hounds. All the girls in the class were sobbing, and all the boys were biting their lips so they wouldn’t.

What is it about dog books and movies? The dogs always die at the end?

As I grew older and my heart steelier, I still avoided/avoid Old Yeller like a plague. I had enough trauma.

When I brought the books home from school, my mom read them that same night before I had a chance to look at them. Then made my dad read them. They just mentioned they were sad and handed em back. And later told me they didn’t see the point to having 11 year olds read them. I think if they’d had them in 4th grade, they mighta said something to the teacher.

But too, dad always said, if you gotta put an animal down, see to it yourself, so you know it is done right the first time (I’ve still relied on a vet, on the occasions it needed to be done, but stayed with em every time.)

1 Like