***Snickers, Chuckles, Giggles & Guffaws!

Have you seen the price of brisket these days???
I can’t lay out that kind of money and hope the smoker doesn’t eat it before I do. And I’m sure not going to practice on that kind of money. There’s one good BBQ place left within 30 miles (all the rest didn’t survive Covid shutdowns.)

1 Like

I haven’t had a good brisket in years. Just too expensive :frowning:

That’s 2 memes in a row about my neighbor, Smokey Joe.

1 Like

We bought a brisket from Sam’s a few weeks ago. It was $75 for a 17 pound whole packer USDA prime brisket. So, yes, it’s an expensive piece of beef. However, if you break it down as to the cost per meal, it’s not too bad. It easily feeds our family of seven. Then my wife and I ate the leftovers for a week. And it’s less expensive than taking the crew to a BBQ joint and getting a brisket dinner for everyone.

That’s only $4.42 / lb., really not prohibitive at all.

Here a flat (about 3-4lbs) is $32-42.
I haven’t seen a whole packer at BJs in many months. I could order I suppose… but easier and less anxiety to just get a burnt ends platter at the sorta local place

1 Like

Have a great weekend gang! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It looks like they’ve been eating well, though. They’ve really put on weight.

1 Like

LOL … might be a hummingbird roast for Thanksgiving this year :wink:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Since we were just talking about deer . . .

4 Likes

Funny because it’s true.

3 Likes

Just more proof you can sell some folks anything :wink:

:grin:

1 Like

6 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

Or looking for cassettes in the 80’s and 8 tracks in the 70’s :smiley:

Mrs. B’s best friend ran off the highway, rolled her car, and died back in the '90s. Apparently, she was leaning over and searching through the glove compartment (jockey box here in Utah vernacular) for CDs when it happened.

I’m sorry for the downer post in the chuckles and giggles thread.

1 Like

3 Likes