***Snickers, Chuckles, Giggles & Guffaws!

Yeah, that’s scary. It likely doesn’t resonate with younger people, but it’s weird how the sense of time passing changes as one gets older.

When I was a child, I’d watch World War II television programs. World War II seemed as distant to me as the American Civil War — ancient history. Today that same time span comes and goes in the blink of an eye. I have nieces and nephews who seem to have grown into adults overnight, yet for them, it’s their entire lifetime.

1 Like

I read or heard someone say (it might have even been here) what percentage of American’s were not born when 9/11 happened. I suppose it isn’t much of a story since I can’t remember the source or the actual number, but, yeah, we’re old.

Getting back to the meme, I sure do miss the 80s. Maybe every generation has a fondness for the decade in which they grew up, but it was a great time.

2 Likes
1 Like

Yep … I grew up in the 70’s … but the 80’s has always been my favorite time era. I remember having lots of fun :grin:

I am really feeling old these days. My little nephew is now 14 and taller than his father. I’m also the age right now that I used to think my Grandparents were soooooooo old :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah, the more I think about it, the weirder it gets. When you’re young, it never occurs to you that older people still think and feel, internally, exactly as they did when they were your age. Wisdoms of experience aside, it’s much easier to imagine that one’s inner energies and attitudes somehow age and grow feeble in parallel to the visible exterior of the body, but that’s really not what happens. Many core aspects of my psyche are no different here on the threshold of my 60’s than they were when I was 11.

1 Like

monday

2 Likes

So true.

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes

give that man a raise!

3 Likes

my hero :heart_eyes:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

joeylaugh

LOL… I still snicker a bit that I slept through it for the most part :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

Pictures, or it didn’t happen!
oh. wait…

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 11.15.24 AM

4 Likes

spock

:grin:

My wife laughed a little too long and too hard at this…

4 Likes

Story of my life.