Software Question

I don’t remember Splash, but I do remember PixelPaint.

In my pre-Photoshop days, I learned image editing with Aldus Photostyler. I don’t remember Splash.

How about Apple’s MacDraw? I worked at a newspaper, and all the infographics that came from the Associated Press were drawn in that frustratingly awful application.

And that’s why you’re the “Doc!”

1 Like

No. I’m just plain, ordinary, run-of-the-mill B. DocPixel’s the doc.

1 Like

“Doctor.” “Doctor.” “Doctor.” “Doctor…and doctor.” (A quote from a great movie.)

1 Like

What movie was that? It’s on the tip of my tongue.

My first version of Photoshop was either 2 with a free upgrade to 2.5 or it was 2.5 with a free upgrade to 3.0. It came bundled with my Agfa Arcus II scanner. That thing was a beast.

1 Like

Actually, I’m think I’m picturing a scene from Big Bang Theory where Howard was being singled out as the only one in the room without a PhD.

At my college we are starting to use Sketch for web design and UX design. I think it is worth looking into and using.

“Every minute you don’t tell us why you are here, I cut off a finger.”
“Mine or yours?”
“Yours.”
“Damn.”

:grin:

1 Like

Spies Like Us. Big Bang Theory kind of stole that idea. It’s the scene where the “spies” are posing as doctors to do a simple surgery in a tent in the middle of the desert.

:joy::rofl::joy:

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen that movie. I’ll have to see if it’s on Netflix.

I started with version 2.5, which didn’t have layers.

I was scoping the Commodore Amiga for access to Deluxe Paint before I bought a RadioShack Tandy in 1988

I used Photostyler before I used photoshop because I worked at a company that used Windows 3.1. It seemed to be more popular on the PC. I didn’t start using Photoshop till I got my first Mac Quadra in 1993

MacDraw and MacPaint were the primary softwares taught in my school. I used CorelDraw at my job that used PCs during that time. I started with both “Aldus” Freehand and Illustrator around the same time. I liked Freehand better.

I also started using Quark around that time because I got tired of all the PostScript errors I was getting from Aldus PageMaker

First graphic software I ever used was Harvard Graphics.