Software Question

Same here. I always had a soft spot for Freehand because, like you, I learned it and Illustrator at about the same time. I finally settled on Illustrator since that was the way the industry seemed to be leaning.

I remember when Adobe included a free t-shirt in one of their early versions of Illustrator. It might have been Illustrator '88, but I’m not sure. I still have that t-shirt hiding in the bottom of a drawer at home.

If it isn’t cloud-base, I might start using it. That would be a selling point for me.

Maybe try Lunacy then: https://icons8.com/lunacy

Okay, I’m feeling better now. I’m not the only boomer around, thank God! :slight_smile:

I’d be surprised if you were the only Boomer on the forum, if you are one. Are you sure you are not a GenXer? According to that article, I’m an early GenXer. Sorry to disappoint.

GenX? Hell, no. I’m a genuine, ex-hippie boomer. Right in the middle of the 1942 - 1962 range, in fact. Ringo was my favorite.

1 Like

At what age did you start graphic design?

Me too, but nearer the tail end. You’re not alone. However, George was best.

Gasp! You can’t believe George was better than John! :astonished:

Some years ago. :grinning:

John was great too, but he got a little weird at times.

I always blamed that on Yoko. She was like a robot.

Sir Paul was best in Wings, but he’s lost his voice now and should retire.

Totally… it’s time.

I came in at Ps 7 … still use it to this very day!

Wow. Do you also have CC?

LOL … yes of course ever since day one 'till now but I don’t think I’ve ever used the entire suite. Ps, Illy, Indy, AE & Typekit are my main go to apps. Sometimes I slum in the other apps but not often enough to be anywhere near proficient …Premiere Pro case in point.

It’s been fun and frustrating being with Adobe these many years. I’m the kind of person who likes to own my own.

You?

Like you, I’d rather own my own software. I’ve still got CS2 and CS6, but of course, had to subscribe too.

Amen! I am still holding out and haven’t subscribed to CC. I guess I’ll have to break down and subscribe one of these days. Probably when the computer I’m using craps out and I have to buy a new computer and my CS version won’t run on a new OS.

I’m not unhappy with the subscription. There are advantages, one of which is affordability. And you have access to all the tools.

What does bug me is how Adobe tries to infiltrate everything. I feel sometimes like I’m pushing them back with a chair and whip. “Back! Get back! I don’t want you to manage my whole process. Just gimme the damn software, and get your stupid libraries and stock images out of my face.” Etc.