Sup y'all?

Yo, I’m new around these parts. There’s a pandemic outside and I’ve been laid off, so I’m doing some personal enrichment and all that good stuff - hoping to sharpen my skills while I look for another advertising job, and rub elbows with industry friends.

I graduated 2 or 3 years ago (IT), got a graphic design job (art school, long story, always consider community college first), and now I’m sitting here twiddling my thumbs and worried that all I’ll ever be is a glorified Powerpoint replacement.

My #1 pet peeve is that Shift-click retains proportions while resizing in Illustrator, but NOT in Photoshop. Seriously y’all, what is up with that?!

The Illustrator/Photoshop inconsistency that I always used to stumble over is how flopping an image vertically in Illustrator flops it from left to right but in Photoshop doing so flops it from top to bottom. The same is true for flopping an image horizontally. Photoshop’s use of the words vertical and horizontal is the opposite of Illustrator’s.

By the way, I’m sorry about your work situation. Many of us here are dealing with very similar issues. This whole pandemic sucks.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can set the Photoshop prefs to shift click just like illustrator.

Welcome Aboard! :slight_smile:

It’s hard to believe we are nearly into August. It seems as though March was 147 years ago :wink:

Thanks Covid!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Same here! I’m feeling like it’s been a decade since we used to roam freely everywhere :rofl: :joy: :joy: