That's watercolor design/Ink-flash no matter

Hi, how is it? Pretty, aggressive, or like a ghost

lolipahmed, these arenā€™t what I would call ā€œwatercolor design.ā€ Iā€™d classify them as illustration work or they might possibly fall under the genre of fine art. If they are illustrations, we would need context in order to give you a proper critique. If they are fine art, we can share opinions, but thatā€™s all theyā€™ll be is opinions based on our reaction to your work.

Thanks for your compliment. recently Iā€™m inspired by someoneā€™s design so I started this type of designā€¦that was made by adobe photoshop

@lolipahmed by the way I first read the name as ā€˜Clarkā€™. You may want to consider a different font or adjust the kerning between the l and i.

No. Itā€™s ā€œChadieā€ ā€¦ and no, it is NOT ā€œdesignā€. But what do it know? It just might mean that in some cultures.

@IzChik itā€™s ā€œCharlieā€ Yeah, I will adjust itā€¦thanks

@Eriskay recently Iā€™m inspired by someoneā€™s design so I started this type of designā€¦ops Work :+1:

Itā€™s digital art not design. I know the style you are going for. Itā€™s not bad. The first one is the better of the two in my opinion. I would lose the glasses and the font definitely needs to be changed unless you want the pup to be called Chadie. :wink:

1 Like

@RedKittieKat Ha ha haā€¦definitely I will

1 Like

I think language difficulties are getting in the way of the discussion.

However, I do like the style of the illustrations. I like the dog better than the gorilla illustration you posted earlier. The typography should be more legible. If it were me, I would spell out the word in nice, clean typeface rather than trying to make the type look like the illustration. I would also cut back on the running, dripping paint. The splatters look nice, but itā€™s easy to go too far with them.

Hey @Just-B thanks for your compliment

Did you draw the dog (and gorilla) before decorating it and adding the glasses, or is it a ā€˜foundā€™ or stock illustration?

@sprout no, itā€™s just an image before I start

In that case, that changes my thoughts on them. Initially, I thought they were pretty well executed drawings, which had been over-decorated with a somewhat dated, over-used technique.

However, as you have just used someone elseā€™s work and ā€˜techniquedā€™ it, it leaves me with the sense of the being pretty vacuous and pretty averagely executed, Iā€™m afraid. For example, the glasses are just ā€˜thrownā€™ on top.

The pertinent question, though, is if you just ā€˜usedā€™ someone elseā€™s images, do you have the permission / licence to do so?

Sorry to be so damming, but if you didnā€™t create the illustrations, then thereā€™s not much else there really.

Iā€™ll also add if you are just practicing to develop your own technique you are fine. You just canā€™t sell anything that contains the work of someone else.

3 Likes

Indeed. I was possibly a bit full on, if it is just for learning. If so, Iā€™ll pull my head in a bit.

1 Like

Practice, for fun, experimenting with a new technique ā€” I think theyā€™re all fine.

Even professionally, not every job comes with a big enough budget to hire a photographer. Using stock and other photos where permission is obtained first is OK too. It might not be ideal, but sometimes one needs to make do with whatā€™s available, as long as itā€™s legal and ethical.

And thereā€™s the rub. The knowledge that, that is even a problem seems to be eroding a little more every day. Not saying thatā€™s the case here, but I think it is something that should always be flagged up.

1 Like

@sprout @RedKittieKat @Just-B Hello everyone, Please understand that I am a Graphic Designer so I canā€™t do any action to be guilty in a digital world and I want to stay here. I told that was an image but not like that as all of you see. itā€™s a simple picture as you get a selfie. I work on that picture for about 2 hours. both of jpg is not going in the same direction. If I illustrate your face image with the realistic method it was copyright but if you canā€™t find your face on my illustration so how do you clime to me for copyright action.

There is a bit of a language barrier going on. I will try to explain in simple terms. Here in the US and UK you can be held liable for copyright infringement if you knowingly sell work someone else did. I do not know how that works in other areas of the world. But, thatā€™s why we tend to remind people. We donā€™t want to see anyone who is just starting out get in legal trouble. :slight_smile:

1 Like