Things that make a designer very happy! :D

money)))

And spamming forums?

Beer.

1 Like

Short holiday weeks!

Presto Change-o … the spammer is gone-o

:smiley: :smiley:

That, in itself, makes this designer very happy.

1 Like

giphy

:heart:

1 Like

When you are contacted by a new client who was referred to you by another client.

Plus…

…any job where you get to play solely with type design, typography or lettering – particularly those occasional jobs which involve hand-painted lettering. Spot the type-geek!

More than doubling my freelance rate and getting more business because of “perceived value”.

When your Pandora station is killing it. Yeah, it’s the little things that make me happy.

a good book. design project. :blush:

Today I spotted a logo I designed over 15 years ago on a vehicle wrap. It was a nice surprise. It’s been so long since I thought about that client but it’s nice to see their business is still going strong.

2 Likes

That’s really funny. Just last night, I stopped at a gas station, and there was a fleet vehicle parked outside with a logo on it that I designed. Now, I feel compelled to look and see how old the logo is. It might be 15 years or so.

2 Likes

Ha! You should check. Maybe there’s something happening and this is the just the start of a world-wide phenomenon.

I designed the logo in March of 2010, so mine sighting was only 9 years old.

This is really going to date me, but my oldest logo that I still see around is from, I think, 1979. It was for a government agency that was constructing a new headquarters. The logo was cast in concrete right into the side of the building. They’ve changed their branding since then, but that big concrete logo is still there. It was probably too expensive to remove.

4 Likes

why is this so universal ! for god’s sake

… huh?