Too hot!

I just looked at the thermometer outside our bedroom window — 100° fahrenheit. Uggggh!

Then again, I just checked and it’s 111° in Yuma, Arizona and 119° in Death Valley at the Furnace Creek visitor center, so I guess I shouldn’t complain.

3 Likes

Here in Toronto we’re having about a week of respite, after which temperature will shoot back above 30º C (high 80º F).

But we’ll compare notes again in winter.

2 Likes

Right now it’s 86° F The humidity is saturating. It’s been like this for days bouncing back and forth between high 80’s and mid 90’s at night it’s only dropping to mid 70’s and with the humid conditions we still have to leave the AC going. I’m going to cringe when I see next months power bill :anguished:

But, I feel even worse for you … try to stay cool B :heart:

One thing that makes it tolerable here is the low humidity. It feels like an oven, but it’s not that sticky, wet heat you get back east.

1 Like

We hit 100 here in North Texas yesterday too @Just-B. Today is supposed to be 102. Combine that with our humidity which is currently at 55% and well, let’s just say I’m staying inside today. I’m glad I’m not in Houston where their humidity is always near 100%. Ugh, no thanks.

1 Like

We have upper 90s in the forecast for this week. Summer has always been my third favorite season. Right now, I’m thinking, “Winter? She’s not so bad.”

1 Like

Too hot says it all! Gonna be in the 100’s all week in central Oklahoma. 3 straight nights of kick-ass lightning and thunder, 70mph straight line winds - incredible! The heat index will be around 110°. And yes, the power company loves me this time of year! $200 a month but I’m sure it’s higher elsewhere.

1 Like

Kuwait City, Riyadh, Dubai and Baghdad all have above 40º C (roughly 110º F) temperature.

1 Like

This might make you feel mildly better . . . the forecast for Phoenix. And, yes, I know it’s a dry heat. We lived in Phoenix for a year. Dry or not 110, 115 or 120 is freakin’ hot.

1 Like

Yes indeedy :pleading_face:

Phew that’s hot @Steve_O! Makes me feel a little better with my mid-90s temps (heavy/swampy TN humidity though).

Definitely need my AC unit checked… Can’t keep up below 76 degrees in peak heat of the day here, I’m sure my dog is not appreciating it, lol. Neither will my power bill with the unit pumping as hard as it can for a bulk of the day, ha.

Mercy.
We hit an all time high of 110 in our city last July. I walked out of the air conditioned movie theater into that. One of the restaurants on the street put a thermometer in front of their business and it read 119, probably because of the heat radiating off the asphalt and sidewalk and buildings. It felt like that moment when you open the oven door and you get a blast of heat in your face. I can’t imagine experiencing that for a week.

1 Like

Er … Okay, you win.

If anyone ever asks me to go to the Phoenix area this time of year ever again, I’m gonna ask for hazard pay. Did it once. Not again. Though I gotta say, the thunderstorm I saw from the hotel room window over the Camelback was spectacular.

1 Like

Just to be clear, I don’t live in Phoenix. My wife and I did live there for a year. That summer, it got up to 122 degrees. The best way to describe what 122 degrees is like is to liken it to the blast of heat you feel when you open an oven. I just posted the Phoenix forecast in an attempt to make us feel better. 90 degrees in the desert is certainly more comfortable than 90 degrees and high humidity, no doubt about it. But 122 degrees? No thanks.

Make sure your filter is clean and hose off the condenser coils in the outside unit. They can get plugged with pollen, dust, and debris. As they get clogged, the AC gets less efficient. If those tricks don’t work, it might be time to call in a service company and check the level of coolant.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips! I replaced the filter last week just to see but it wasn’t keeping up. My dad used to do HVAC and mentioned the same thing about the condenser coils so I suppose it’s time to check that next (:

Right now it’s 96° with a heat index of 104°

… Our poor AC can barely keep up.

:hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face:

1 Like

Our central air conditioner can’t keep up either when it gets too hot outside. I ended up buying a couple of window-mounted units to use as backups.

1 Like

That’s a good help I’m sure. There is no central air here :frowning: We just have a big window unit. It takes care of the whole apartment no problem … usually. But on days like today … fans are going too. The air is just so heavy. I feel so bad for anyone who has to be out there in it.