What'cha Watchin'? (Possible Spoilers)

A vlogger on YouTube? A new Netflix original? An old series you found on Hulu or Amazon? Do you have a recommendation? What was your favorite series? How many binges have you had? You get the idea :wink:

I want to hear about it. Iā€™m always looking for new things to watch. I cut the cable cord nearly 5 years ago and havenā€™t looked back. But, Iā€™m always searching for new stuff to watch once a binge is over.

With so many cord cutters out there a lot of us are behind the times of certain series so as I mentioned in the title, there will probably be spoilers in here ā€¦read at your own risk :wink:

Remember you can blur a spoiler if you want to by clicking on the little gear symbol when replying.

Anyhoo ā€¦ Iā€™ll get you started. Iā€™m just about to start season 4 of Sons of Anarchyā€¦ and OMG itā€™s intense.

SX355

I hear there are a couple sequels in the works :smiley: Mayans MC is set to premiere this Fall I believe and there is a possible prequel in the works to tell the life of John Teller, Jaxā€™s father. And even a current day telling of what life is like from the finale of SOA.

I canā€™t wait to see whatever is offered. I just hope I can get through the rest of the series without having a heart attack lol ā€¦ I already know a couple spoilers that Iā€™m trying to block out :smiley:

Iā€™ve also watched The West Wing twice, House of Cards, LOST 3x, Frasier and Friends countless times lol, Grace and Frankie, Doctor Who originals and new series, Stranger Things S1,(season two is on my list) All the Star Treks ā€¦ and I do mean all, and many others. Thatā€™s just what I remember off the top of my head.

Right now Iā€™m anxiously awaiting the the arrival of OITNB S6!! Loveee this series :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just finished (and thoroughly enjoyed) season 2 of Sneaky Pete.

3 Likes

Ooooh that does look good HB!!! :slight_smile: Itā€™s going on ā€œThe Listā€ :smiley:

Twilight Zone on Netflix this episode is my favorite.

4 Likes

Some of my favorites that are (or have been) on Netflix.

ā€“ Fraiser
ā€“ Better Call Saul
ā€“ Breaking Bad
ā€“ Shameless (hysterical, but not for the kids)
ā€“ Ozark
ā€“ Arrested Development (seasons 1-3, didnā€™t care for season 4, havenā€™t seen season 5)
ā€“ Flaked (my wife was luke warm on this one, but I enjoyed it)

Iā€™ll have to post more as I think of them.

2 Likes

If you liked Orange is the New Black, make sure you check out GLOW on Netflix.

I cut the cord a few years ago too when I decided to stop following sports. Donā€™t miss it at all. Iā€™ll activate Netflix for a month twice a year to get caught up. I really like GLOW, Master of None, Flaked, Freaks and Geeks, Better Call Saul, The IT Crowd. The Judd Apatow series Love was awesome.

Iā€™ve got a county library down the street and with an expansive catalog. Theyā€™ll have stuff shipped from other libraries if they donā€™t have it. Iā€™m working on Veep right now. And I read a lot of books. I just finished You Never Give Me Your Money, about the business history of the Beatles after they broke up.

Mostly I go to the movies though. I have Moviepass and I live less than 50 yards from a multiplex. I see everything and am there 3 or 4 nights a week. I really liked Hearts Beat Loud. An older guy with a failing record store tries to get his daughter to pass on med school to join him in forming a band. And Incredibles 2 was fun too. I donā€™t usually go in for kids movies but there is a big mid-century modern vibe to the art, and Iā€™m a fan of that style.

1 Like

Of that whole list Iā€™ve only seen Frasier ā€¦ Iā€™m really behind the times :smiley:

1 Like

I have not heard of Sneaky Pete before, but Iā€™ll be adding it to the list. Looks good.

Iā€™ve have binged:
Black Mirror
Westworld
Ozark
GLOW
Atlanta
Snowfall
Stranger Things
Mindhunter
Master of None
Silicon Valley
High Maintenance
The End of The F***ing World
The Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead (The original is turning to shit but the prequel is getting good)
Vikings
GoT

Iā€™ve started others but lost interest.

Just starting up on Handmaidā€™s Tale S2.

Will add Sneaky Pete to the list.

2 Likes

On Amazon Prime, Iā€™ve been watching the old Star Trek Enterprise series from the early 2000s. I saw all the episodes when they first came out, but enough time has gone by that I remember very little about them. Science fiction is always my favorite.

3 Likes

Something about Giovanni Ribisi . . . ever since I saw him in Boiler Room . . . damn, almost 20 years ago now, heā€™s been a favorite. Watch it from S1 E1.

2 Likes

Brace yourself.

2 Likes

Speaking of Handmaids Tale ā€¦ did anyone see the 1990 movie?

I thought it was brutal back then ā€¦ I havenā€™t been able to bring myself to watch the new series based on peoples reactions.

Shows I love and/or have binge-watched (some were very short-lived, sadly):

• The Big Bang Theory
  • Castle
  • Vikings
  • Firefly
  • Miracles
  • Keen Eddie
  • Rome
  • Sopranos
  • Supernatural
  • Black Mirror
  • 13 Reasons Why
  • Stranger Things
  • American Horror Story
  • The Walking Dead
  • Game of Thrones
  • Shameless
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • Penny Dreadful
  • Dexter
  • How to Get Away with Murder
  • Ash vs. Evil Dead

Hubs loves:

• Longmire
  • The Ranch
  • Lucifer
1 Like

I havenā€™t watched The Ranch yet ā€¦ a lot are saying it pretty good :smiley:

I have binged on Sopranos a few times and AHS is an all time fav ā€¦ however I couldnā€™t get into this last one. I stopped after a couple episodes. I couldnā€™t take the political angle ā€¦ Itā€™s torture enough in real life lol. Same with the new House of Cards. A little to real for me right now.

Iā€™ll have to give them a shot at some point.

I did however just binge Coven again ā€¦ my ab fab of the AHS series :smiley:

Twin Peaks

1 Like

Not a lot at the moment, waiting for the next series of Ozark.

If the producers f the series happen to frequent this forum. Please do hurry up and finish it!

1 Like

Almost forgot Family Guy and Monk.

1 Like

Watched Ep 1 of Sneaky Pete last night. Enjoying it!

1 Like

NETFLIX SHOWS

SEEN & LOVED:

• GLOW
  • Orange Is The New Black
  • Twin Peaks (Seasons 1 + 2)
  • Stranger Things
  • Grace & Frankie
  • Love
  • Master of None
  • 13 Reasons Why
  • Queer Eye