Who likes music?!

Everyone does, of course! Now, I know that their will certainly be a lot of diversity on this site, but I love “discovering” new music. And I figured others might as well. So, I guess the question is what song/band have you discovered lately that you’ve been enjoying or listening to?

I’ll start: Family of the Year “Give a Little”

4 Likes

I’m in a bit of a time warp as far as music goes. I don’t much tolerate any new music. And by new I mean anything after early 2000’s. I’m an old Rocker who also happens to like sappy love songs and certain operatic pieces. Throw in some Hair Metal and a bit of Glam Rock with a dash of old Country and the tiniest sprinkle of Rap and I’m good to go :smiley:

I feel like I’m really getting to the “Get Off My Lawn” stage in life. And I finally understand why my Parents hated my music … I in turn now can’t tolerate today’s tunes.

That being said I LOVE this. I don’t understand a word … but that’s ok too. It makes me happy to listen to. I’ve always been a sucker for a Hot Latin Tune :heart:

3 Likes

Old rocker here too. Metallica and Tom Petty are my two favorites. Toss in a little Fleetwood Mac every now and then. And I’ve got a good vinyl collection of old movie soundtracks. Things by William Wyler and James Horner are my two favorites there (though Ron Grainer’s Omega Man is right up there.) Then there was Mike Oldfield too. Most people know his Tubular Bells from The Exoricist but almost all of his stuff is as good or better than that.

Was trying to get to a Tom Petty concert last year but no luck. Really sad I’ll never get another chance.
:cry:

4 Likes

:frowning: that make me sad for you. I was sort of thinking about catching Elton Johns last tour. He is coming sorta close to here. 300 bucks for nose bleed seats. I think not. :frowning: You never really know how poor you are until you find out how much something costs and think it’s outrageous … and no one else seems to bat an eye lol :wink:

yeah, makes me feel really old being able to say we used to go to concerts for something like $20 in high school. Aerosmith, Boston, Journey…the old rock bands. Granted it took mowing a lot of lawns and stuff. $20 was a lot of money in the 70s.

1 Like

Concert ticket stories:

In '79, I paid $8.95 to see Frank Zappa do a nonstop 4-hour show.

A year later, just $14 bought a ticket to see The Kinks open for Queen.

That summer, I picked up a single ticket for $26 to see an early-October Led Zeppelin show in San Antonio, TX. But then the Army changed my travel schedule, keeping me out of TX until later in October, and I sold that ticket to a stranger for $35. Before September was over, John Bonham was found dead, and the ticket is now worth $1000’s.

4 Likes

Whoa! :flushed:
That is quite a story!

1 Like

Meanwhile that stranger probably tossed it in the trash and still thinks you ripped him off for $35. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah the price gouging is absolutely bonkers. I know there’s this whole meme about being “born in the wrong generation”, but I kind of feel that way right now. God what I would do to be able to see some bands for less than the price of a decent lunch.

I’ve been kind of obsessing over cybperunk and like the tapestry of media associated with that genre. So I’ve been listening to a lot of hard-driving electronic music and synthwave recently.

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

Getting me started on music could be a huge mistake. I’ll temper myself and only post one for the time being. I freaking can not get enough of this. Take one Swiss band with a country and rockabilly bent, throw in an English psychobilly singer, and have them cover Jackson with ska overtones and what do you get? Pure awesome.

2 Likes

Kinda fascinated by this young composer at the moment.

2 Likes

This thing intrigues me

4 Likes

This is one of my current favorites.

1 Like

Hah! That’s pretty awesome. Reminded me of this:

1 Like

When I am designing or coding I generally listen to ‘oldies.’ 60’s 70’s 80’s.

2 Likes

Hey! Watch what you’re calling an oldie!

2 Likes