Who likes music?!

I’ve had this on for background music while working for a couple of weeks, now. Nice, upbeat mix that doesn’t distract from the work at hand.

1 Like

This is a pretty great station to have on in the background when you’re working … if you’re into this sort of thing, I suppose.

1 Like
1 Like

For Breakfast: Fort Minor, Remember The Name
For Design: Avid · SawanoHiroyuki[nZk] 86
For more Design with a Soul: Born For This
For Nonstop emotion that sync: Just A Dream… (I listen to this a lot. I love Design! It’s just a dream…)

Since we were just talking about getting older and the 80s, here are a few tunes from the 80s. Just for fun, there is a common theme. These are all bands that were founded by folks from other well-known bands.

Public Image Ltd. founded by John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten) of the Sex Pistols.

Big Audio Dynamite founded by Mick Jones of the Clash.

Tom Tom Club founded by husband-and-wife team Tina Weymouth and Chris Frantz from Talking Heads

3 Likes

OMG Nevermind was released 30 years ago today …

Unknown

1 Like

I love me a bit of Klezmer … The Burning Bush - Fun Tashlach

Can’t sleep so revisiting Enigma :slight_smile:

1 Like

This about sums it up (no video)
The World has gone to Hell

1 Like

I suppose if I’m honest, I have to admit I like the video more than I like the song.

1 Like

Mike Dawes, acoustic guitarist touring with the Moody Blues plays All Along the Watch Tower.

1 Like

The song that made me feel broken hearted even though I wasn’t

I really love her version of Karma Chameleon

The type on the album cover rocks almost as hard as this song.

2 Likes

I don’t have a specific song to post, but a podcast recommendation. Rob Lowe has a podcast called Literally. On a recent episode, he interviewed Danny Elfman. The podcasts touches on Oingo Boingo (which I was a fan of back in the day), his work with Tim Burton (big fan of Burton’s films), and his writing of the Simpson’s theme song. There is a story about his relationship with Matt Groening that’s pretty funny. Anyway, it’s worth checking out.

1 Like
1 Like

George Harrison’s boyhood home is up for auction. I’m a big enough fan of music that I find this interested. But I’m not really a fan of The Beatles, so I couldn’t get past this being a massive fixer upper.

Yeah, another robot video, and this one’s a cover this time, but the music is nice and this guy’s vocal range is impressive.
(The video uses stabilization software, if it’s too much, scroll up the video and just listen…)

2 Likes

RIP Stephen Sondheim :heart:

This has always been my favorite.