Who likes music?!

1 Like

My wife doesn’t understand why I dig this song so much. Maybe no one here will understand it, either I’m a Joe Jackson fan in general. Throw in Elaine Caswell’s vocals . . . and wow!

1 Like

I like Dan Balan

1 Like

I LOVE HIP HOP

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

Maybe she can make a come back…If so I hope she reverts to her early more rock edge in the early 2000’s. I always thought she would make a Metal goddess. Please please none of that poppy poop.

1 Like

yeah, same here. Old soul living in the 21st Century. I’m 23 but I love Classics, may it be Pop, Rock, Opera, Crunk, Bands, Jazz, I just love the the classics.

1 Like

I always have to ask which era of classics folks are referring too. The older I get the more it changes lol :smiley:

To me Led Zepplin and the Beatles are classics … now I hear kids calling Def Leppard and Whitesnake the classics :wink:

3 Likes

In honor of today’s trivia challenge . . .

1 Like

Haven’t heard that one in a while :smiley:

1 Like

Mine are in the days of A-ha, Metallica, Kenny Rogers, Eric Clapton, Firehouse, Scorpion, Chopin etc. and I’ll just tuck-in Panic At The Disco, Paramore etc. Hahaha

1 Like

LOL … I’m a wee bit older than that :smiley:

Odd for a metal guy but OH YES I DID…Late 80’s BeeGees I think Robin Gibb had the most incredible voices on the planet.

1 Like

Old Metal/Rock head here too … but I always had a soft spot for the Bee Gees and lots of mellow singers actually. People still laugh when I tell them that along with my Whitesnake posters I also had Barry Manilow on my wall :smiley:

I love a good voice … I don’t care what sort of vessel it comes out of :smiley:

There are pieces and singers from every genre that I have found joy in listening too.

One of my all time favorites of the Bee Gees is “I Started a Joke” Robin sings that entirely and his voice is incredible. I also love “Alone” and ‘’ For Whom The Bell Tolls’’. I’ve never heard a warble like his and we probably never will again :heart:

2 Likes

+3
These days my playlists weigh heavily with progressive metal, and I’m always looking for anything that’s thick and complex, and that I haven’t already heard a million times. But despite that, I still have a deep love of a lot of the Pop that was around in my youth, particularly Motown era stuff. Imagine riding in my car, and after enduring some 40-minute, bone-cracking shred-epic by Opeth or Mastodon, this studio masterpiece swells in…

Oh, the look on your face.

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one who loved 70’s pop :slight_smile: This is one of my favs :heart: I actually love 50’s, 60’s and 70’s pop. I start to like pop less as the 80’s roll around … that’s when I started liking the much harder stuff. Although I’ve never heard of Opeth or Mastodon. I don’t even know what you call some of the stuff I like LOL … I just know I like it when I hear it. And when I say I like Metal … I’m sure it’s much milder than some if heard that are in the Metal category. If they are doing nothing but screaming so loud and deep it hurts my throat … no thanks :smiley: Or playing so fast (speed metal?) again … no thanks. I don’t like painful food or music … they both give me indigestion and palpitations :smiley:

That being said here are two of my many, many 70’s favs

1 Like

There are so many sub-genres now that I couldn’t even begin to sort what “metals” I do and don’t like. But I have been a musician all my life, so my taste leans toward the more artful varieties with classical influence and virtuoso playing; none of the death-growl or speed-razor crap. But I would say that if your taste in metal is “beer,” then mine might be closer to “moonshine.” Opeth? Here’s a favored specimen:

2 Likes

I am a progressive metal fan Gemini Syndrome, In this Moment, Etc. melodic with the occasional scream but here is the now solo former front siren of Flyleaf talking about screaming.

2 Likes

Heh, she’s not unappealing, but I couldn’t make it past 3 minutes of her talking; surely a case of “It’s not you, it’s me.”

Can’t seem to get Impossible to load up and play. :thinking:

1 Like

Seems a bit like Iron Maiden meets Pink Floyd to me. Just hearing this one piece I can’t give a full opinion … but I like it. I listened to the whole thing :slight_smile: