Hello out there! ♥♥

Great! … Now I’m trying to wash my brain out from having visions of Mr. B in drag … it’s not working!
smiley-vault-misc-075_zpsbe33ad7e

thhysterical

3 Likes

Love your new avatar, RKK.

1 Like

Why thank you :heart: It’s a little something I drew ages ago :slight_smile:

I remember when your name broke the old forum and made everything bold.

2 Likes

When I joined the forum, I couldn’t think of a username, so just I hit command + v on my Mac. It pasted in < b > from the clipboard, the HTML tag for bold. It seemed like a pretty good name, so I used it for two or three years. When forum software was upgraded it decided that my username meant that everything that followed it was bold.

Kool changed my name to plain old B, which worked pretty well until I tried to use it on this forum, and the software wouldn’t accept a one-character name.

I’m not too fond of Mr-B yet. It sort of makes me sound like the grumpy old forum dad.

“Are you kids messing around on that damned internet again? Why don’t you get your homework done? You’ve never even met those weirdos you hang out with on that electronic chat room. Just what kind of bobble-headed slop do you kids talk about on there anyway? You’re all going to grow up to be social retards with no real friends!”

I guess I’ll get used to it.

2 Likes

I only associate Mr. B with good stuff. There was George Baxter, who was always called Mr. B by Hazel :smiley:

deforedonbio

and Mr. B’s Best … they make the best roast beef and horseradish on a bun I’ve ever tasted!

photo3jpg

3 Likes

Mr B reminds me of the A Team.

“A team of ex-special-project designers on the lam from the typography police (even though they didn’t really leave a bunch of widows for which they’d been imprisoned) leaves a trail of truth bombs in its wake.”

Mr B says “I pity the fool, who doesn’t hang their punctuation.”

4 Likes

@Mr-B Wait, so this forum didn’t except B as a name, but would it accept a revert back to "<b>"

1 Like

Nope, I tried that too and the software didn’t like it.

2 Likes

thhysterical

@Mr-B How about «b»? Because, I agree, you’re just “b”, not Mr B

I am a graphic designer from Paris France. Hey!

1 Like

Bonjour SamyAdjemi! :smiley:

1 Like

Salut Samy et bienvenu :slight_smile: Nous sommes touts fous ici mais de temps en temps un mot d’information précieuse peut apparaître . . .

1 Like

Hello all!
New here to the forums. Im about to have my B.A. in Graphic design in 4 weeks and i’m just kinda reaching out and seeing what everyone is up to.

Welcome to the forum Mumbles. Do you have any leads on jobs after you graduate in four weeks? Graduating can be both exciting and a bit scary, but welcome to the real world.

Nope not yet. Actually I have to find an internship first. Then I’m completely done. Yep it is a bit exciting and scary lol. Coming from 20yrs of food service and starting a whole new career. But I’m ready… I think lol

Hiya Mumbles! :slight_smile:

Welcome Aboard!! :taco::taco::taco::taco:

A post was split to a new topic: How to change resolution without altering the size

Hello there folks,

I’m Sharan, a Design Enthusiast. First time joining a design forum. Here to learn from you guys more about all things design. Always been fascinated by design and it’s vision. Hope to have some cool discussions here with you all.