How's your weather?

The skys just opened up here … for a grand total of about 20 minutes. That’s the most rain we have had for a few weeks. Things are already growing weird. Between the massive up and down temps and the frost that hit really late. It’s either stunted or stopped a lot of things from growing. Some flowers that are usually in full bloom by now don’t even have buds.

Right now it was 94° when the storm hit and now it’s 71°

:flushed:

It’s crazy how our temp is like a funhouse ride these days.

Enjoy it while you can. I’d love a good downpour along with the smells and temperatures that come with them. :grinning:

1 Like

Me too :slight_smile:

petricor

1 Like

I didn’t know there was a name for it — “petrichor.” I’ll need to remember that word. :grinning:

1 Like

Don’t feel bad … I had no idea a word for it existed either, until there was a reference to it in Doctor Who
:grin:

1 Like

A pleasant 72 degrees here in sunny Southern Cali. :grin:

1 Like

Two years ago, I was in Death Valley during the last week of November. It was nice — mid-'70s F. This is a photo from the park ranger station that I pulled off Twitter. It was supposedly shot yesterday.

I’m not sure how anything manages to stay alive in heat like that.

E5-iHlsVkAMPuy5

1 Like

How are they managing a smile?

Yikes!
:flushed:

Here’s a photo of the sun and the smoke from our upstairs window. The smoke has drifted in from the big California fires. Throughout the day, it was an eerie twilight outside.

2 Likes

That’s how it was looking here from the Canadian fires :frowning:

It’s really interesting to see and so sad at the same time.

Imagine how much a big volcano could ruin yer day…

This morning was the first morning of the season that the ambient temperature in the house when I woke up was lower than what the AC was set at.

1 Like

Ours has been off for a couple weeks now. It’s rarely gotten out of the low to mid 70’s. Wed. it did get to 80. But, that’s it.

… and it’s ok by me :wink: I like having windows open and not paying a huge summer power bill :grinning:

I like having the windows open, too. For me, the threshold on open vs shut windows is as much about humidity as temperature.

1 Like

No AC here so windows open is the default option. This works because 1) it’s a brick built house so cooler inside anyway and 2) safe neighbourhood so no worries about ppl climbing in.

I could point out that AC is part of the vicious circle of electricity use < > climate change but that would be unhelpful. I have lived in a hot climate and AC is a lifesaver.

I’m just getting ready to call it quits for tonight and looked outside. IT’S SNOWING! I’m not ready for this at all. :grimacing:

1 Like

We are not ready for that either - the leaves are still on the trees …

1 Like

chilly-outside-today-chili-today-hot-tamale-12029634

2 Likes

It’s been fairly mild here. I should shut my mouth lol :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re having a pretty nice fall, and it really isn’t too chilly. I was just looking for an excuse to use that meme.

1 Like