How's your weather?

It’s a good one lol :smiley:

I’m sure we will all be able to use it soon enough :wink:

For the third of December, I’ll take this…

Wearing shorts with my office window open smelling that wonderful fresh air.

1 Like

Ooh… that’s warm! We had a little snow here yesterday but with the temp and rain it was gone in no time. We had Thundersnow in the afternoon LOL :smiley: I’ll still never get used to seeing lightning and snow at the same time :wink:

1 Like

Yes, it is. And I’m cursing my work ethic right now. It sure would be nice to send an email to a client and say I’m not going to be able to deliver the files that I said would be done this week until Monday. But I wouldn’t enjoy playing hooky knowing I was not following through on my word.

1 Like

Oh, the irony. Running into some issues with the job I’m working on and may have to email the client to let them know the job could go into Monday — and not because I’m playing hooky from work.

1 Like

You probably will …

1 Like

I probably should have brought in the lawn furniture yesterday. The weather report says we’re supposed to get several more inches.

3 Likes

Guess you won’t be using that any time soon. (or it could make for an even funnier picture but would be damn cold.)

2 Likes

That’s a lot of snow!! I’m cold just looking at it :wink:

1 Like

In Toronto it is 15ºC today. Climate change? What climate change?

That’s my idea of hell – frozen over! I really don’t like snow.

I don’t like snow either. It’s cold and covers up everything outside that I do like. Most things become more difficult in the winter and much less fun. The highway crews cover all the roads with a layer of salt to melt the ice. All the automobiles end up with a nasty white coat of salt that gradually corrodes the paint and the metal beneath it. If there’s one thing that’s plentiful in Salt Lake City, it’s salt.

Skiing is big here, but paying $140 to ride a lift to the top of a 10,000-foot mountain so I can strap boards to my feet and attempt to slide a mile or so to the bottom without killing myself is not my idea of fun.

The day after a snowstorm is pretty, though. Today, the skies are clear, the light reflecting off the snow is blindingly bright, and the valley air hasn’t yet filled up with its typical grey winter gunk. From our house, we can see across the valley to the far side of the Great Salt Lake and beyond to a mountain peak in the distance that juts out of the Bonneville Salt Flats. Google Earth says the peak is 88 miles away, which always amazes me on those days when it’s visible.

1 Like

Right now we are having terrible wind and rain storms.

I could do without the wind. That scares me more than snow with the damage it causes around here.

… big, brittle, old, tall trees.

I was just reading about the enormous tornadoes that cut across Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennesse, Illinois, and Missouri last night, with dozens killed. I shouldn’t complain about a few inches of snow.

:cry:

1 Like

I was reading about it and seeing folks post on FB about it. It covered a lot of territory :frowning:

Yesterday morning it was 33° and pouring down rain. Last night I was out at the BBQ and it was 54° and very foggy. Crazy weather. Not sure what it is out there right now, but it sure is windy!

1 Like

I think you are getting what we had. The temp is mild today as well. Almost 50. It’s crazy :wink: I’m thinking Green Christmas … and I’m ok with that lol :stuck_out_tongue:

The weather is the weather. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like it could be an interesting afternoon around here.

wind

It’s got to be better than the tornadoes you were getting in your part of the country a few days ago.

Here, it was around 50*F yesterday, and most of the foot of snow we got the other day melted. Overnight, the weather changed, and we got about 15 inches of snow. I still haven’t cleared the walks or the driveway yet.

1 Like