How's your weather?

Can’t say I’m a big fan of cold weather, but I am a very much lesser fan of balmy weather. I spent a lot of days in the tropic in my younger days, and had quite a bit of hard time because of that. I think it is a human condition thing.

We’re 33°, gray, and damp. Lovely. We were supposed to get 3" – 6" of snow today, but that didn’t really pan out.

I am ready for spring.

According to the NWS it’s gonna be -5F tonight, then 24F tomorrow. Snow overnight Sunday but changing to rain and 41F on Monday. The problem is that 3-5" of snow overnight. I’m gonna have to shovel that at 4 in the morning if I don’t want it all water logged and weighing a ton when I get home from work. Wonder if the cops would show up if I ran the snowblower that early…
We don’t get MKL day off

That’s just about our forecast as well PD.

As for cold and hot … I’m that middle of the road type person. My old bones and joints scream when the colder or more damp it becomes. I slowly turn into stone :wink: High heat does me in as well. I will begin to feel stick to my stomach.
So … in cold I hug the heater, in hot in hug the AC. If I could live in a 75° climate for the rest of my days I would be in heaven :stuck_out_tongue:

I am so eagerly looking forward to spring that I can hardly stand it. Not only will the weather be better, this Omicron crap will likely have mostly passed.

60-65F is my idea of heavenly temperature. It’s really weird though how cold 65 can feel in the winter

1 Like

Did you get your French Toast supplies PD? :grin:

MA, NY and CT are still in line to get blasted tonight.

I got my French Toast supplies on Saturday when it was -2F at 730am. I always go when the store opens. There were only maybe 6 other shoppers there. Love it. We actually had French Toast for lunch too!

Not sure what it’s doing out there but it’s not on the time schedule the NWS said it would be…

1 Like

LOL … I’m an early shopper too … that is when I used to leave the abode :wink:

It started misting around 10 last night and now it’s snowed a bit. Nothing to what they predicted as yet. But, we could just be off schedule and get hit harder as the day goes. It’s not as cold as it was either we are sitting at about 27 right now :wink:

We have 5" now and still coming down pretty darn hard. The plow hasn’t gone by yet either. :frowning:

1 Like

Our temp has dropped again.
Screenshot 2022-01-21 5.03.22 AM

What’s that old saying … “Colder than a Well Diggers Butt” :wink:

How are all our East Coast folks doing with the Snowpocalypse??

Up here it’s very light and looks to be gone by noon according to radar. We are right on the fringe.

NYC, Lower NY, MA and CT appear to be getting blasted.

Be safe y’all :heart:

pocolypse, shmopolypse. It’s a snowstorm in January in New England, LOL!

We have some serious wind here and it’s been snowing but there’s only about an inch in the driveway. Not sure where it’s all going. Maybe blowing into next county, but I’m not complaining. The cat and I are enjoying a dish of ice cream in front of the wood stove. :slight_smile:

No idea what’s happening further east. The weather anchors have been backpedalling their story of doom all morning, LOL! Either this thing is happening slower than they thought or it went out to sea further…

1 Like

I checked CNN a few minutes ago, and they made it sound like all of New England was being buried under a catastrophic snowstorm from a “bomb cyclone” with power being out for thousands.

So you’re saying they might be exaggerating a tad.

I’m not sure why the news outlets can’t just report the news as it is instead of blowing everything out of proportion.

1 Like

I just checked too. Cape Cod has lost most power due some extremely high, hurricane force winds, and there are thousands of people there so, maybe not an exaggeration but the hype sure is there.

They say we’re supposed to get a foot, but I’m not seeing it unless something changes in the next several hours. It’s just a blowing whiteout blizzard I wouldn’t drive in, but not dire.

Bomb Cyclone is a new word coined in the last several years to make it sound worse than it is. It’s just a fast pressure drop that brings high winds (bombogenisis.) But the winds are definitely high on the Cape and the news vultures are circling for the astronomical high tides today, watching the storm surge. I don’t live on the coast for a reason. :grin:

1 Like

The wind has picked up here … but we didn’t even get a fraction of the snow they were predicting. That’s ok by me :wink:

They sensationalise everything because they need more people to be interested and watch their show so they can sell advertising. This is how it is when money is the driver of editorial decisions.

I think my favorite section of the WCRB Boston forecast was one of the on-site weather reporters in Falmouth around midnight (several hours after the storm was supposed to start.) “If you look real close you might see a flake or two.” LOL.
We got close to a foot but it’s drifted so a lot of the driveway only got about an inch while the back yard has quite a pile where it blew over the house and dropped.
[shrug] Winter. January. Snow. Yup.

1 Like

It’s official!!! Six more weeks of winter are on the way. :sob:

“Punxsutawney Phil” emerged from his burrow at Gobbler’s Knob in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, this morning. The groundhog saw his shadow. Tall tale tradition says that means that we are in for six more weeks of winter.

anyhoo…

happy-groundhog-day-vector

In more accurate news (and I use that term lightly)

Looks to be another storm on the horizon for parts of NY, MA and VT. We shall see :wink:

They are saying - sleet and snow accumulations of 7 or more inches possible from Thursday afternoon through Friday afternoon.
mapserver

This weather report has been brought to you today by the letters A and S, and the number 7.

:grin:

I’m sure whoever came up with this “tradition” is rolling in their grave.
Because they are laughing so hard.

The first day of Spring is March 20.
Six weeks away…
:shushing_face:

2 Likes