How's your weather?

It’s currently snowing here, and we’re supposed to get upwards of 10" to 12". This will be our first real snow of the year.

1 Like

We got about an inch of snow overnight — not enough to count for much but just enough that I’ll need to clear the sidewalk and have a back-and-forth debate with myself over whether or not to clear our driveway.

1 Like

Looks like we will be getting a dumping here on Friday, they are saying something like 35cm, but could be mixed with rain and freezing rain, mother nature likes to make it as hard as possible to move around here these days, lol.

1 Like

Right now, we’re getting 40-something mph winds with gusts stronger than that. It’s snowing sideways and the temperature on our outdoor thermometer says 9°F. Our beagle pup refuses to go outside to do her business. I can’t say that I blame her. It’s awful out there.

1 Like

3rd named storm in a week just blew through. Red weather warning which means danger of death, no trains running in some areas, winds gusting over 80-100 mph and widespread flooding. Next few days we are told to expect a foot of snow. Hey ho.

1 Like

It’s 60° here in Boston. A tiny bit of ground fog (expected far more driving in.) Looks like the sun is coming out. Weird for February, but I’ll take it.

1 Like

We’ve just come through some pretty awful storms. 100+mph gusts – including the highest ever recorded in the UK at 122mph) Thankfully we got away with it, as our house is in the lee of a castle, so it usually takes the battering. However, a project manager I am working on a book with at the moment lost part of her roof (different part of the country and on the coast). The author lost fences and trees (another area again) and his neighbour’s chimney ended up in his conservatory. £150k of damage.

If I hear anyone denying global warming again…

Thankfully today is beautiful and sunny. I can feel the warmth on my back coming in the studio right now. I am sure it is chilly outside, so I am quite happy staying in, pretending there will be an actual summer this year.

2 Likes

Sunny with a few fluffy, white clouds and 65 degrees. I’m sitting outside at a cafe enjoying a delicious scone and coffee.

Snaps out of it…

I mean it’s gray and cold with snow flurries.

2 Likes

@sprout I know that the UK is getting battered. I hope that you weather the storms ok.

We had a good bit of strong hail for about 2 minutes not last night, but the night before, luckily not enough for any significant damage. It’s currently 25F / -4C and overcast. We are supposed to get sleet later this afternoon with a small amount of snow (2 - 3 inches) overnight. But by Sunday it’s supposed to be partly sunny and nearly 60F / 15C so, it’ll be cool for a bit, but we have warmer weather on the horizon.

1 Like

In Toronto there will be a week’s worth of below-freezing weather. In itself it’s not a big deal at all, but we’ve been spoilt by three days of warm-enough temperature.

1 Like

I’m kind of in the same boat as PrintDriver. It’s been a different sort of February. Either really cold or really warm. Right now it’s in the 50’s again and very sunny today. We’ve had rain for a few days on top of it being so warm. A lot of snow is gone and basements are flooding :wink: We also have to watch for overflowing river banks with the extra run off.

I love being able to open my window though :smiley:

Expecting 6 to 12" of global warming overnight and all day tomorrow. (Just kidding, it is February after all and it’s supposed to snow, and not every snowfall is a snowpocolypse! but it’s an excuse to work from home cuz “SNOW!”)

1 Like

Same forecast for here too :wink:

I am seriously questioning why I didn’t choose a career path that would have afforded me a winter home someplace warm.

1 Like

Two days ago, I was walking our dog in the park while wearing a t-shirt and enjoying the nice spring-like weather. I just looked out our back door, and we have over a foot of new snow on the ground that’s fallen during the past five or six hours. March is a horrible tease.

1 Like

I think we have your old weather now … it’s almost 60° today :wink: They were predicting it could go to 70° but that remains to be seen :stuck_out_tongue:

It is spring today in Toronto at 16ºC (60ºF-ish). Then winter returns.

Can’t complain though.

1 Like

Our high today …

It’s dropping now though :wink:

We’re in a similar boat. Saturday was a wonderful taste of spring. Today? Back to winter.

1 Like

Same … it’s cold and raining right now. I’m all bundled up under a blankie LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like