How's your weather?

I’m in Alabama and it’s been pretty stormy today, but the temperature is comfortable.

1 Like

50-60 mph winds AGAIN last night. We lost power for a while :frowning:

This little weather blip can stop any time now.

I can put up with most any weather, but when the winds are bad it really does a number on me (past experience)

It was pitch black and I got in bed since there wasn’t much else to do and just laid there with pillows over my ears so I couldn’t hear it and fell asleep - thankfully :stuck_out_tongue: I woke to power. Yay!

The Ides of March either came early or March forgot to come “In like a Lion” until now!

We had those winds last night too. Gotta say I’ve never felt the ground rumble with wind before. What a roar that was when it went through. And the rain! It was loud too. The cats were under the bed and I had a mind to follow them. Didn’t lose power though.

1 Like

LOL … I said that to my sister … my cat went under the bed and I nearly followed. :wink:

My little brain just said, “if the house falls on the bed, being under it ain’t gonna help much…” :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL … true :wink:

March came in like a lamb. It’s not exactly going out like a lion, but it’s not going out like a lamb, either. Come on warm weather; I’m ready for you!

1 Like

We were in the 60’s last week … this week … barely making it past 20 LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow, maybe I shouldn’t complain. We’ve been around 50 for daytime highs, but it’s been gray, rainy, and windy — which makes the 50 degrees feel much colder.

1 Like

It hit 80° F at our house this past weekend and melted all the snow. It’s cooled off since then, but our apricot tree is now in full bloom.

I love this time of year. I don’t have snow to shovel and the grass doesn’t need mowing yet. Daffodils are in bloom, birds are returning, and optimism is in the air. This is the time of year when my attention shifts to motorcycles, bicycles, camping trips, and all things not practical with snow on the ground.

1 Like

It’s a little better here today. It dropped to about 14º over night. But, the sun is shining beautiful today and I can see little red buds on the Maple tree :grin:

w2

1 Like

For our friends in the northern part of the U.S. and Canada…

https://www.accuweather.com/en/space-news/northern-lights-to-glow-over-us-wednesday-night/1164891

1 Like

I’ll keep an eye out … but more than likely it will be a no go here. I’m in a area filled with light pollution. :frowning:

I’m sure our local photogs will get some pics if it happens… hopefully :wink:

Never mind … After reading more, it’s not my part of the “North” :wink:

I live too far south to hope for any northern lights. I’ve wanted to head to Alaska to see them, but they’re too unpredictable to schedule a flight.

One time, though, maybe 15 years ago, here in Salt Lake, I let the dog outside at about 1 a.m. and noticed a faint orange glow in the sky over the mountains behind our house. At first, I thought it was the glow from a wildfire, but then the glow got bigger and began spreading into pulsating curtains of red, orange, and green light that covered the entire northern part of the sky.

I was literally in awe and sat there for over two hours, savoring every moment until they faded away. It was, without a doubt, one of the most stunningly beautiful things I’ve ever seen, and I’d love to see them again.

1 Like

I’ve never seen them in person either … I would loveeee to!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Too many places to go, too many things to see … I really don’t have time for this pesky day job.

2 Likes

Last week, t-shirt and shorts, this morning woke up to whiteover frost and it’s currently snowing.

1 Like

2 Likes

Currently sunny here and about 60° (16° celsius). It’s supposed to hit 68° later (20° celsius). So, no complaints.

1 Like