New member — I build custom business websites

Hey everyone, Aaron here. I’m a web designer and developer, and I build custom business websites — hand-coded, no templates or page builders.

My model is a little unusual, so I’ll put it up front: flat $5,000 one-time, no monthly fees ever, the client owns everything outright (domain, files, all accounts in their name), and they pay nothing until the finished site is delivered and in their possession. I started doing it this way after watching too many small business owners get burned — paying thousands upfront for a site that never materializes, or getting locked into monthly “website services” where they own nothing.

An example of my work: https://reelworkshop.com

I’m here to talk shop — web design, client work, the business side of things. If anyone wants to compare notes on working with small-business clients, I’m all ears. You can also reach me directly at aaroncolbry099@gmail.com

Are you here to talk shop and get feedback on your pricing model, or are you trying to advertise? The first is absolutely fine, but advertising violates the forum rules. Everyone gets to mention their website at least once, so this is your turn.

It’s not a huge deal, though. When I first signed up ten years ago, I probably broke at least five forum rules in my first post.