Please Critique and Offer Suggestions on this Logo

That’s usual - I’d never show 10 designs - it just confuses and compounds problems.

I’d typically do 10 designs. Pick 5 that work. Show 2 or 3 of the best.

I’m paraphrasing the quote, and I don’t know who originally said it. But I believe the context I saw the quote in had to do with Paul Rand’s presentation to NeXT. Anyway, it was something along the lines of this: To a beginner, there are unlimited possibilities; to an expert, there is only one.

Based on the feedback about the brand name being a gerund, etc. I asked a group of friends for their thoughts on the brand name. Someone suggested a name that I loved, and am going with it. So, here are two versions of the logo I came up with today.

New

New2

Getting there.
Is that a tree? Or a leaf?

Good question. It’s supposed to be a tree, but yeah it’s not clear.

1 Like

I have been reading this and your first post, but not contributing. However, it’s all making me so anxious, I have to comment.

You have had lots and lots of advice and critiques from people who really know what they are talking about. You appear to take it all on the chin and then pretty much ignore it. To be brutally honest, what you are producing are home-made, kitchen-table designs that are just never going to put you in with the grown-ups.

What are you looking for; help or approval? If this sounds harsh, then it’s only because, somewhat ironically, you appear not to be hearing what you are being told.

You talk about designers you’ve hired in the past, as though you’ve been dissatisfied with the results. Can I ask where you found them? I’d wager crowdsource sites?

If you want to communicate the effectiveness of your services, to potential clients, not to put too fine a point on it, you need the services of a professional visual communicator – and by that, I definitely don’t mean someone who can do you a logo for $50.

You will need to pay decent money, but how much do you value what you do? Of all people, you should value clear, exacting communication and understand it’s importance. There is little point being good at what you do, when what you are using to tell them about it is, at best, an amateur attempt and at worst, misinforming.

If I needed help with anxiety, what you have produced would, frankly, make me continue searching. It doesn’t instill me with confidence that you know what you are doing – and there’s the rub, people are going to make such assumptions before they’ve even spoken to you.

To précis; You need a good designer – and a name change.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I know hiring a designer would be the best option. There are reasons I’m not doing that, which is why I’m here. People have been very helpful, and we’ve made progress. BTW take another look at the latest, the name HAS been changed, and I’m very grateful for that being pointed out. There have been a lot of other excellent suggestions, and I feel we’re moving forward.

and it strikes me that you’re here for us to design your logo for you.

Not to be harsh or unfair, but it’s starting to take the piss. Usually critique is designed to designer. And this is designer to client at the moment. We are telling you how to do it, whereas it should be the client telling the designer what they want.

It’s arse about face. You are getting a logo designed by committee for free and it is dragging on and getting worse, not better.

For that reason I am out.

Hire a designer. You’d be done by now.

I came here originally to receive feedback on a design. That went well, and I posted again with this logo. I am starting to see that people are offended. Ok, so somewhere I missed something. It seems this is not the place for what I’m trying to do, and for that I am sorry. Certainly didn’t mean to upset anyone.

Ok. Fair enough. You have been helpful and I appreciate it. Others are upset as well, so at this stage I’m out too.

Thanks everyone for your help. I’ve overstayed my welcome at this point. I’m not a designer, and came here to get some feedback on an advert I created. One thing led to another, and it didn’t occur to me there was any issue with the process as it was unfolding. Apologies for the upset.

I wouldn’t say upset. It’s frustrating though. Don’t take it the wrong way.

My plumber stopped taking my calls on how to fix the boiler. Guess he wants to do it and get paid for it.

Now I have to find a new plumber.

You’re more than welcome to keep going. People will still help you. I just can’t anymore. Have those pesky paying clients.

Best of luck

No I get it. It’s like an MD who gets tired of friends asking for free medical advice.

Yeah my mate is a carpenter and he won’t do anything for friends or family. Probably right, never ending free work. Can’t operate like that.

My ex-brother in law used to get that all the time. His stock answer? “Go see your doctor’.

They were also happy to tell the him what was wrong with them and about some home remedy their gran always used to use, that was far better than the prescribed medicine from their own doctor. At one point he said you just have to step back and when they keep getting ill, they may just realise, they need an actual doctor.

What I do think is you have a good start to get a designer on board. You’re much clearer in your idea and what you want. And that’s 90% of the work done.

You got great advice and when the execution is lacking the advice shifted to hiring someone to do it for you. And that’s probably the best advice there is at this stage.

I’d imagine you get clients who come in to talk to you about anxiety and Google’s it, got info on forums etc but still suffered. You would ask, why did you do that? Come see a professional.

That’s basically what we’re saying. It comes a point where it’s not getting better.

I’m familiar with it as well - was a manual therapist for 25 years.

Yes, I feel great about how far things have evolved, first with the post card, and now with the logo. And, I made a complete change to my brand name, which is quite dramatic and good. I do realize that hiring a designer would be excellent at this stage. I’m determined and stubborn, but am considering biting the bullet and doing it.

1 Like