Please Critique and Offer Suggestions on this Logo

The 2nd design, the one with the Leaf/Tree is much better. But still, it seems like you have no knowledge about font usage or typography. However, I’m glad you’re trying!

“Mind At Ease” is certainly much better than “Anxiety Easing”, so I applaud you for taking the advice to heart and changing the name of your business. As for that tree, I am not so sure how it symbolises a mind at ease. If you really want/need an icon to go with your wordmark, is there no better symbol you can think of? Also, is a rather sterile Sans Serif font the right kind of font to communicate the feeling you want?

Thank you! And that’s correct, I have no idea about typography, other than I look for something that looks like the feeling I want.

Thanks, and yes it was a very good turn of events that I received the feedback on the name. About the tree, the idea is that a tree is stable, strong, and calm, and a tree puts people at ease. Also, a tree is rich in resources, with is one of the central principles of coaching to help people discover their strengths and resources. But I’ve been hesitating about it all day, and so far haven’t come up with anything better. I’m working on the fonts.

Unfortunately, that’s the difficult bit. The democratisation of typography has become its Achilles heel. It takes a lifetime to understand how to make it say what you want. I’ve been at this, professionally, (excluding the years of education) for over 30 years now and I still feel I’ve only scratched the surface.

All your sentiments about trees are laudable, but communicating that complex set of emotions, to make people feel, or get a sense, of that is why kitchen-table and crowd-sourced logo design doesn’t work. It’s not about pretty.

I understand why you’ve gone with the tree, but it is such a cliché and incredibly overdone. Plus, honestly, the name still isn’t doing it. You appear to be missing the point of what you need to be saying, to my mind.

I could go on, but that’s why I (and others) keep saying you need a professional – a good one; one who’ll say things you may not want to hear and not just someone who’ll tell you ‘that’s cool’. You seem pretty fixed-minded on what you think you want. I’d suggest addressing that first before spending money on someone with the ability and objectivity to be able to get people through your door.

I get it, it’s your baby, but possibly, you are too close. Sometimes you need to take a step back.

I don’t think I can say it more clearly than I have, so I’ll say, good luck and I hope you achieve what you want to.

Ok, excellent feedback. I appreciate your insight about trees being overdone. I’ve abandoned that idea since yesterday and have been looking for the best option. I don’t agree with you on the name though. About the fonts, it’s good to hear how much knowledge and experience goes into it. Definitely nudges me in the direction of hiring a professional.

Hello, I am a designer. I can create a logo for you according to your desire for free, and if you like it, you can apply it to your site or brand.
This is my new account on the ---- website

Moderator note: Nope, not here you won’t.

What else will you create for free?