For PC

Look to the right of the screen and click the dates

On mobile:

Look to the bottom for the post count.
gdf2

Tap the dates

gdf3

1 Like

Thanks - that’s a great tip - and he is a sweet puppy! He’s fast asleep after a long walk (5k) - looks like he’s down for the day!

1 Like

Just done exactly the same with mine. I have a lurcher too. Greyhound/Saluki cross. What’s yours?

It has to be said, lurchers do have a habit of sleeping about 22 hours a day anyway, long walk or not.

Too true - people think greyhounds/lurchers are a lot of work. But 30minute walk/run and they are out for the count. Short-haired, easy maintenance and don’t eat that much, about 400g Royal Canin nuts a day.

This guy is Rafa (who is named after Rafa Nadal playing the French Open right now that I am also watching!) but he is a Saluki X - and not sure, could be Doberman or a greyhound. Sometimes at an angle you would think Doberman, but I just don’t know.

His mother was a stray and was pregnant, and the litter was born in a foster home, we went with this guy - and he’s a dote!

This is my little monster…

I’d never had one before. Always Airedales and other terrier-crosses. Now, I don’t think I’d have anything but a lurcher again. They are so loyal and attentive – if a bit nutty and with an aptitude to choose not to listen when they don’t want to do something. ‘La, la, la, la-la, la – I can’t hear you’. You get this look…

Oh yes, and that innate ability to be at the other side of a field before you can say, ‘For fu…’

3 Likes

Ah she is gorgeous (I presume a she?)

Yes, ours is the same, being sight-hounds, if they see something they are gone.

We’ve had Rafa off the lead on the canal (when nobody there) and a cyclist who had gone by and now a dot in the distance, he decided to chase after - we never really let him off the lead now unless the coast is clear. But it only took about 10-15 seconds to sprint what must have been half a kilometer.

The train also runs parallel to the canal - and as the train went by Rafa decided to race the train, and he was winning, people were looking out the window and everything. It was very funny!

I hear you though - if they’re busy they don’t want to know!

1 Like

It it helps, they do calm down. Ours (yes, a she) is now 8 and is happy to trundle beside us for the most part. If she does run, as soon as we are outside of her comfortable distance, she’ll come running back. I have managed to train her to respond to the command ‘stop’ and now (after 8 years!), 95% of the time she will – unless, of course, there is a rook in the field.

1 Like

Yes, our lad will come back if we call him but it can be tough and the odd time he just won’t listen. But he does that comfort zone thing. Sometimes he looks back and sees we are very far behind, and panic sets in and it’s a mad dash to get back to us!

But it doesn’t happen often.

He loves running though - and a few sprints up and down the canal and he’s wrecked for the day!

Bluebell Woods near my home;

5 Likes

Dazzling magenta

3 Likes

That is stunning!

1 Like

Crab pots

3 Likes

2 Likes

my sister sent me this of her little calico feral (instagram filter maybe?)kitty1

3 Likes

Aww … love a calico… so colorful :heart:

Gorgeous!

I used to have 18 cats! Fun fact…

OMG, 18? I can’t stand cleaning the litter box with only 2, not to mention the vet bills…

Yeh we had a few cats and feeding outside as inside was a mess. Strays started coming, so then we had a population. And they need to be spayed, or the population grows. By the time we got them spayed there were prob 3 lots of kittens, adding 9 or 10 to the ones already around.

we got them all spayed. and some went to nee homes. the rest hang around.

1 Like