Share Your Photos

Great shots! And welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

Here is, I think, one of the best photos I ever shot. This man was a gardener, and was one of my best friends, working in his yard. He had suffered from cancer for many years and went on to Glory five months later. His wife was so pleased that this photo turned out so well and is such a great memory of him. My wife and I miss him every day.

7 Likes

Crappy cell phone photo of delicious food. Grilled grouper tacos with peach salsa, cabbage, jalapeño crema, and cilantro on home made tortillas. When we finished cooking the tortillas, the fish went on the grill — so fresh and delicious.

4 Likes

A bit of old street photography.

3 Likes

Some cats hunt, others just window shop.

Here’s Cicero, a.k.a. “Big Deluxe”

2 Likes

I haven’t been shooting out in the world too much lately (at all, actually), but I have been working on product photography in the studio. By the way, that’s a really tasty bourbon that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.

3 Likes

Ahem … actually, my favourite whisky does cost me an arm and a leg. Quit, or go broke? Sigh.

2 Likes

Decent aged single malts do. Someone’s got to pay for the angels’ share. I’m a sucker for a Balvenie.

2 Likes

The Balvenie is one of my (many) favourite whisky too.

Correction: The one favourite of mine is a whiskey. It’s a blended Irish whiskey.

1 Like

I’ll pick a bottle up next time I’m at the store.

Which one?

A while back, someone introduced me to Jameson’s gold. I am not a huge fan of the standard Jameson’s whiskey, but the gold was really amazing.

I had always, exclusively, preferred Scotch single malts, until both the Jameson’s gold epiphany and once, in Edinburgh, we went somewhere for an evening that introduced us to the art of blending. It really is a skill. I still prefer single malts, but I am less sniffy about blends and have since had some really lovely ones.

One other surprising one to give a try if you get the chance is Japanese Suntory. I know! But it is really very good.

All that said, my favourite tipple still remains bas Armagnac. Even an aged Balvenie doesn’t touch a good bas Armagnac for me.

1 Like

Never developed a taste for Armagnac, Cognac or any kind of brandy which, I think, is good for my pocket book.

Oh, my one favourite is Midleton Very Rare … but, aren’t we (I) hijacking the thread?

Come to think of it, Steve_O started it.

We might be!! Probably best I stop anyway, or I’ll end up costing myself a lot of money!

But it looks so good!

Nice work, Steve.

2 Likes

My favourite Irish whiskey is Bushmills Black label. I am reminded of the exchange I heard on the radio;
“What’s the difference between Scotch Whisky and Irish Whiskey anyway?”
"Irish Whiskey has an ‘e’ in it.’
"Ohhh that’s why it makes me so happy … "

Favourite Scotch? Probably Laphroaig 3 barrels if I’m feeling like a treat, Highland Park for more everyday (not every day) consumption.

It’s settled then – We all like whisk(e)y.

This past weekend was the first time I’ve been out to shoot for a long time. I’m digging the organic shape of the tree juxtaposed against the rhythm of the windows in this shot.

4 Likes

Galaxy S1 ~ 5Mpx shoot ~ an mountain village Deacon in front of a old village school …

http://www.build.mk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1221&PN=2

2 Likes

has someone any experience with the new a.i. restoration packages, probably for phone-shots norm, but havent used till now none, yet think they will burn almost as hdr the above photo so it wouldnt be excitement as the standard balancing of rgb levels …

~ Combining the power of Aurora HDR and Luminar | Photofocus

… yet must acknowledge retouching was never some expertise of mine, so I am guessing here, has anyone some experience with these new tools!? any recommendation?

I’ve been relaxing a bit this afternoon and working on photos. Here is one more from my road trip last weekend. And, on that, I bid you all a great weekend.

3 Likes