Share Your Photos

Do you have any with the full reflection showing?

2 Likes

Looks great to me Steve :slight_smile: and Willy, you know I love the kitties :heart::heart:

Nope. Just the horizontal shot.

Back to the pond with you!

:wink:

It’s a nice shot.

Hello yellow!!!

2 Likes

What … more yellow!?!

helloyellow_2

4 Likes

4 Likes

Gooses

5 Likes

A snowy egret.Very nice!

American white pelicans I shot at their breeding colony on Gunnison Island in the Great Salt Lake.

While I’m at it, here are a couple more photos from the same trip. The water in this part of the lake really is that pink. It’s extremely salty, and only pinkish, salt-loving bacteria live in it.

5 Likes

This guy and his spouse frequent the post on my back porch about a zillion times a day. Today I took the screen out of the window and set up my camera on a t-pod. I have downgraded from DLSR to higher end P&S that is more compact and pocket-able. I still need some shutter time on it to figure out it’s quarks siince I have been away from the photographic scene for a while.

3 Likes

What did you get?

I have a Canon G-16. I picked it up about 3 years ago and it’s been in my bag. So it’s all new to me.

I’ve thought about getting one of the nicer point & shoots for the purpose of drawing less attention to myself.

At the time I was tired of the gear and this met my needs. I found myself shooting mostly gatherings and up close work. This camera and a lot of Pro-sumer P&S cameras really fit for the advanced amateur. Glass is pretty fast on the wide end at f1.8 which fits my shooting style to a T.

I have a friend who’s a wildlife photographer. He shoots lots of bird photos, like the one you posted. He routinely hauls around a 600mm lens, an assortment of other equipment and a hefty tripod on backpacking trips. A large camera body seems the least of his concerns.

I’ve asked him why he specializes in photographing things that won’t sit still and that tend run and fly away when he gets close enough for a decent shot. He says that it’s all part of the challenge.

1 Like

Pelicans!

My new reality.

But I am getting there :smile:

1 Like

You lost part of your leg? Wow!

Good Morning Glory!!!

GoodMorningGlory

4 Likes