Simple Print Poster: Requesting Feedback

Having had anxiety issues in the past, I think that I would have been attracted by images of calm, illustrating the promise of relief from anxiety.

The poster is very weak, with poor typography and visual hierarchy, to say nothing of content. The tilde is meaningless and doesn’t even do much in terms of decoration. The font choice is okay, as is the calming light blue.

Not one technical change was made that I suggested.

You can mess around with the text and the copy and all that stuff for months. The important thing to do is get your message on it - what you want to convey.

There will always be people who don’t like it.

But if the logo isn’t legible and certain parts don’t print well it will look like a 2-bit hack.
Nothing on this screams that I want to part my cash to get your services.

Hello everyone, and thanks for all the feedback. It’s helped me move forward and come up with something completely new. It’s now a 4" x 6" version, and I think it addresses a lot of what people have pointed out. What do you think?

Thank you for these comments, which I can see now are true. I just posted a revision that attempts to address most of what you point out.

I just posted a revision. Regarding the logo I have a good printer company and we do lots of proofs before taking anything to print.

Nothing much has changed.

As one of your self-appointed Creative Directors, I’m still not satisfied with the copy. It would be better to not repeat the word anxiety, again. Not crazy about “conviction” either, not to mention the characterization of anxiety being “in charge” (or ‘not’ as the case may be). Also, the tease should refer to the reader (‘you’) at least once.

Just suggestions to bump you along in other directions:
“Easing anxiety begins with the notion that you deserve to find peace. From there, the journey unfolds.”

“Peacefulness begins with a commitment to taking control over anxiety. From there, your journey unfolds.”

And the hierarchy is still pretty weak.

And, you really should avoid orphaning a word on a line alone at the end of your copy.

And, the web address shouldn’t be “in the weeds”. It could be better connected to the call for action.

Grateful for your creative direction!
Awesome, ok I’ll get to work on more revisions to the copy.

Do you have any suggestions regarding the hierarchy? I would like the logo to be the first thing people see, then the title. So far I haven’t been able to make the title pop without it looking gaudy.

Big step backwards, frankly.

The background wall is a warm hue but appears distressed, and seriously, weeds?

This image is too corny but expresses the kind of mood that I would want to feel if anxious…

Also no typography improvement. I don’t know what the idea is behind the letter spacing but I actually find it a bit distressing and difficult to read. Loose kerning can be effective if used well. I’ve never seen it used for a whole paragraph of text.

I would work on the kerning. Loose kerning is extremely difficult to read.

You’ve also lost your dimensions. You said it’s 4x4. Now it’s a rectangle :wink:

I like this image you posted, I recently had been looking for the perfect “field and hills” image, (without a person in it) but then went with the texture instead.

Ok I’ll work with the kerning. I’m just learning how to design so I’m not familiar with what’s best there.

Yes I decided to go with this size, mostly because it works best with this background image. So yeah, I’m flexible with that.

I agree. The poster doesn’t include a “call to action,” such as “Sign up at this website,” etc. Also, a better description of what it is would help. For example, is this a call to participate in a support group, to get professional one-on-on help, etc. The poster isn’t clear about what you are promoting.

Also, regarding the colors, there are lots of helpful graphs and suggestions online regarding the psychological impact of colors and color sets. You might want to do a Google search and take a look at these.

Best of luck with your design effort for this much needed topic.

1 Like

Thank you for these insights and suggestions. Regarding colors yes I’m familiar with that aspect. Generally blue promotes trust, and a sense of calm. However on it’s own it’s cool and not inviting, which is where the orange / yellow spectrum offers balance. That’s the basis of my color strategy.

I LOVE this. It works on a whole lot of levels. Regarding the visual hierarchy it had not even occurred to me that the logo and title should not be the first thing people land on. This approach would make it a lot more effective. Thank you.

Gotta say I don’t like the logo font with that body font. The message isn’t consistent between them.

Also I’d suggest making the baseline of the lettering in the logo follow the swoop.

Version with blue ground, that yellow is to similar a tone to the blue to ever print well even.
Version with yellow back, two much para space and the web address gets lost in the foliage.

If your gonna do things were you can’t predict your audience then think about how many people out there have poor eyesite up to and including various sorts of colour blindness.