***Snickers, Chuckles, Giggles & Guffaws!

i suppose it’s a bit of a cliche to love fall, but here’s what I love about it.
– Cool, dry air.
– Turning off the AC and opening the windows.
– Changing leaves.
– That perfect temperature when you need a light jacket but can still wear shorts.
– Sound of leaves crinkling under your feet.
– Casseroles, soups, and chilis that don’t typically get cooked in the summer.
– Beautiful light that comes from the sun’s lower arc.
– Let’s face it, I love to ride bikes any way, but there is something great about riding in the fall. Especially when I break out the mountain bike and hit the wooded trails.

As far as fall goes as ushering in the cold, I do get that. Personally, I don’t mind the cold up January 2. There is something romantic or poetic about cold temps for the holidays; but once we get past new years, bring on spring.

EDIT: I need to add hot drinks to the list of things I love about fall. I don’t tend to drink anything hot in the summer.

3 Likes

biggrin

5 Likes

The first time I saw one of these, I laughed for quite a few miles down the road. :slight_smile:
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 2.31.08 PM

3 Likes

I love that too :smiley:

I’ve been pretty out of touch with this forum lately so especially after reading about a particular “slime ball” here’s my cute new friend!

Her name is Wish (not our choosing). She is from a local shelter and we’re fostering her as a test of how well we can be dog parents. So it’s definitely a win-win-win because it also opens a kennel in the shelter. Hope this brightens your day :slightly_smiling_face::dog2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

I “Wish” you the best in fostering the new dog. :grinning: Every dog deserves a good home!

Dogs are hard. They’re probably as much work as a toddler, but they never grow up. On the other hand, they give unconditional love and devotion. Many good things can be learned from a dog.

Our pup turned 11 months old today, so she’s nearly full-grown. She’s a real handful, but I wouldn’t trade her for anything.

2 Likes

Aww … Wish is just adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: She looks like she is enjoying her new Foster Hoomans. I wish you all success for a long and happy furever home :orange_heart:

1 Like

M * A * S * H - just turned 50!! Hawkeye and BJ drank a toast to the occasion :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

6 Likes

I’m feelin’ this today
Lemons

4 Likes

Ran across this again tonight and it always makes me smile :smile:

3 Likes

Made me giggle, Anyone who lives with a cat has seen this. I see it when mine is stalking the dog (10 times his size) to terrorise her into relinquishing her bed in front of a fire.

That aside, it is amazing, how it moves so quickly against the backdrop of the rock and almost instantly disappears into the background rock texture. From a distance, you just wouldn’t see it. Never ceases to amaze me how nature evolves and adapts to its environment.

2 Likes

dirt apples

2 Likes

Bananas

4 Likes

That is when they are ready to eat! I can eat them like sweets when they get to that stage.

2 Likes

Lol that’s when I put them in the fridge.

1 Like

refrigerator70

6 Likes

And that is only true because you hate that avacado green and can only get a new one when it dies.
My parents had that exact green fridge for I gotta say a good 20 years. And it didn’t die, the kitchen got remodeled and it moved to the cellar as the ‘second fridge.’ It might have outlived them if my dad hadn’t dropped everything and moved to Florida when mom passed. For all I know it did. It might still be in the basement of that house and he’s gone now too.

1 Like

I swear that’s how they all passed through time. My Grandparents got a new one and the old yellowish/green went into the garage to hold excess soda and Thanksgiving leftovers LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, that’s the old Harvest Gold model. Looked like the Avocado Green on my phone.
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like