What'cha Watchin'? (Possible Spoilers)

I started on Doctor Who back in the 70’s with The 4th Doctor. Tom Baker :slight_smile:

It sort of scared me back then … I was well under 10 years old. But I got back into it later on as a teen and they were re-running it on PBS. I didn’t see much of the other Doctors until cable came into being and I could watch more freely … but even then it was sparse. Now they have them available but a lot were lost when the BBC threw episodes away because they didn’t think anyone would be interested. So there are many of the original series that is sadly lost forever. The show was cancelled in 89 and began again in 2005 I started re-watching this second coming and never looked back! :slight_smile: Since then I have gone back and watched as many original episodes as I can find.

So, long story short … you can start anywhere and enjoy it … but if you really want to get sucked in … start with season 1 of the 2005 resurrection and go from there. I won’t get into who my favorite Doctor is I don’t want to spoil anything. I do have a favorite … but they are all dear to me for one reason or another. Whenever there is a regeneration I don’t think I will like the new one and by the time they leave I’m in tears, not wanting them to go :frowning: :heart::heart:

Is this version on Netflix?

2 Likes

It used to be streaming on Netflix … but their contract went up last year and now Amazon Prime has it.

You can still get the DVD’s off Netflix But you would need AP to view it as streaming.

Honestly it’s getting harder and hard to watch anything from the BBC here in the US :frowning: I probably won’t get to see the new Doctor until well after it’s started … if I’m lucky :wink:

The 2005 reboot with Christopher Ecclestone is a good place to start (First Episode - “Rose”). The earlier series are essential, but lower quality production values and (sometimes) acting might put off the curious.

Don’t worry about starting in the middle - (s)he’s a timelord :mantelpiece_clock:

2 Likes

Great minds :wink: That’s what I thought too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finished Sons. Oh man I went through a few tissues :frowning: If you haven’t watched this it’s a good one … albeit violent at times. But, it’s ok … you can squint your eyes or peek through your hands like I did a few times :wink: :heart:

1 Like

Watched this on Netflix last night…kinda creepy

2 Likes

I try to watch some form of documentary every night before I go to sleep.Makes for some scary dreams once in a while though.This is one on Netflix I watched last night. Pretty powerful if you consider yourself a photog rethink it.

1 Like

Pulled up YouTube to have something on while I was editing some photos . . . yada, yada, yada . . . and Fantasy Island was a really horrible TV show.

1 Like

Almost as good as Love Boat

2 Likes

Stan Against Evil

2 Likes

I’ll pose these questions here as well as over on FB. Figured someone might be interested :wink:

Anyone watching The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix? Anyone watching Riverdale? Does anyone think there is going to a crossover? It’s seems to be a major buzz. I’m not posting any articles as they are filled with spoilers … and I’ve never seen Riverdale. But, now I’m wondering if I should :smiley:

Chilling-Adventures-of-Sabrina-3

I’ve watched quite a few episodes of Sabrina. I’ve never seen Riverdale, but If I remember correctly, the school (Riverdale) is mentioned once (that’s not a spoiler or anything).

A funny little thing I read the other day, the Satanic temple church is allegedly suing Netflix over the use of their statue of Satan

1 Like

Mrs. B was a Riverdale fan, but I just couldn’t get into it. I’ll need to suggest to her that she check out Sabrina.

1 Like

LOL … Really? I didn’t know any of that.

Since it’s been brought up, that is the one part I find rather funny and uncomfortable about the show in ways. This is sort of off topic but here goes.

I guess I’m Agnostic at best. I grew up in a very heavily Christian home and my early years were Catholic … baptized, First Communion… the whole works. When my mother married, we left the Catholic church for non- denominational stuff. I’ve often called myself a recovering Catholic. I still deal with long term guilt over things any normal person would be able to shake off and move on from. But that’s too long of a story to get into here and way off topic.

Anyhoo, I got pretty sick of organized religion pretty fast. The hypocrisy, the back stabbing, the high school antics from grown adults. Most of the church women were like a bunch of mean girls. You were either in or out of the club. And that just skims the surface of what I dealt with.

That being said, aside from a brick and mortar location where folks sinned all week and prayed like hell on Sunday - I want to look through rose colored glasses and believe there is a greater power out there … something guiding and helping us along. It’s a lovely, comforting thought. I’ve had experiences that steer me that way … but, I’m also too skeptical of soooo many things. Regardless I must still have residual influences because if I sense peril or someone is suffering it’s instinct to think a silent prayer for help. It just happens like a Pavlovian response.

So, every time they say ‘‘Hail Satan’’ or ‘‘Thank Satan’’, I cringe. Then something will happen and I will have a giggle fit over how silly and ridiculous it all is.

I’m not sure where I am going with this other than it just seemed odd to me that it bothered me on occasion. I realize it’s just entertainment … but it’s like one of those things maybe you shouldn’t mess with? I don’t know.

Just another late night rambling :wink:

2 Likes

Currently binging on Killing Eve and loving similar Berlin Station

1 Like

We watched the first two episodes of The Kiminsky Method last night and really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Going on the list :smiley: That looks great :smiley: Sort of like a Grace and Frankie type series. Looks great. And boyyyy does Michael Douglas look more and more like his Dad every year.

2 Likes

I started watching Mindhunter, great TV series.
But also last time I pay more attention to short movies and cartoons on Youtube.

There are a lot of great films:

1 Like

Amazing amazing story of a photograph taken in Amsterdam which ended up selling through IKEA …

VILSHULT | DOCUMENTAIRE | VPRO DORST

…English sub-titles …great story!

2 Likes