Where's everyone from?

Where are you from?

I’m born and raised in Alabama.

*Wasn’t sure if this should go here or in general. This forum made more sense to me but feel free to move it.

1 Like

Dublin, Ireland

2 Likes

Salt Lake City, Utah and south-central, Utah. I spend time and live in both places. I grew up in south-central Utah on a Cattle/Sheep ranch. Moved to Salt Lake to attend a university, then began working here. I met my wife at one of my jobs, and she refuses to live anywhere else, so here I am. My whole life reduced down to a paragraph. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

New York :apple:

No, not this NY:
27955_1314189529803_6009103_n

This NY:

I took both btw :wink:

I grew up in the Adirondacks and now I live with the city folk of Saratoga :wink: And trust me when it becomes Track season - you might think you were in NYC with the deluge of people that visit.

4 Likes

Sheffield, England.

2 Likes

I was born and raised in Hong Kong before I settled in Canada.

To this day I still don’t know I was a Hongkonger, Hongkongian, Hongkongese, or what?

3 Likes

Do you get Hongovers?

3 Likes

Drums, Pennsylvania

3 Likes

Two thing to take away while I was there:

Visited St. James Gate, and got introduced to Midleton Very Rare.

Yes very touristy things to do :rofl:

That, and the fact that I was weaned on Guinness.

As for Midleton – that’s not a touristy thing at all.

1 Like

close to Dallas.

2 Likes

Pretty! What is track season?
I’ve never been to NY but am hoping to visit NYC this year so I can finally cross it off my bucket list.

1 Like

Woot for NY! I live somewhat near Woodstock, NY now but have lived in a handful of areas of NY including Brooklyn. I don’t think I’ll ever leave this state lol.
But I was born in Colombia and adopted as a baby by my folks in Albany, NY.

2 Likes

Saratoga Springs - Heath, History, Horses

We well known for all of it especially Horse Racing. If you ever heard the song by Carly Simon “You’re So Vain” It talks about going up to Saratoga and your horse naturally won…

That’s us :wink:

It’s a large Thoroughbred community and full of natural Mineral Springs. We have many bath houses that were built in the late 1800’s to early 1900’s where people would come from all over for their health. It’s said that the springs contained so many minerals that they have healing powers. Some are still running. And a few of the Springs are kept up. A lot of folks drink the water … I think it tastes like a big old glass of boiled egg juice LOL … it’s very sulfurous.

Anyhoo… here is the racetrack. I live around the corner from this … and we have to block our driveway off or people think they can just help them self to some “free parking” :wink:

2 Likes

Howdy Neighbor! LOL :grin:

1 Like

“Then you flew your Lear Jet up to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun.”

I flew in a commercial jet to Baja to see a total eclipse of the sun, and I’ve been to Nova Scotia in a rented Nissan Sentra.

However, I no longer have a horse, and I’ve never been to Saratoga Springs (or anywhere in New York).

The Adirondacks are on my bucket list of places to visit, though. The lakes look beautiful. In the meantime, we do have a couple of Adirondack chairs in our backyard from L.L.Bean.

3 Likes

That’s awesome B … I’m closer to Nova Scotia and I’ve never been :wink:

As for the Adirondacks … you could get lost forever. It’s filled with lush mountains, forests and lakes. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to get away from it all … including a wifi signal LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Saratoga Springs sounds familiar so maybe I’ve heard of it before. Thanks for the history lesson. I like learning about new places. I live really close to the Talladega Super Speedway (Nascar Racing). Ever see the movie Talladega Nights?

2 Likes

You flew to Baja for an eclipse? My husband and I traveled for a lunar eclipse a few years ago and are starting to get into Astrophotography. Are you interested in the same sort of stuff?