Where's everyone from?

No, but I know Talladega :wink: Used to be a huge Nascar fan about 100 years ago :slight_smile: LOL

1 Like

I’m in the north middle of Massachusetts. Probably closer to RKK than to Boston. What’s left of my family actually lives in Saratoga/Glenns Falls. I don’t visit so much any more now that the family reunions are ended, and I’ve never been to the track.

1 Like

I was born in Glens Falls :wink:

1 Like

When I first started college many years ago, my goal was to become an astronomer. That shifted over to graphic design after a couple of years. I still have a big interest in astronomy, though, and have a 10" Meade reflector sitting on a tripod about six feet from me right now. I’ve spent lots of dark nights in the middle of nowhere with that telescope. The photography bug hasn’t bitten me yet, but I have friends who have taken some amazing images with their scopes.

4 Likes

Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada

1 Like

Nashville, TN born and raised! A lot of northerners here, come down south–we have cookies and warmth! LOL

3 Likes

Los Angeles (Sherman Oaks - AKA “The Valley”), California.

2 Likes

That’s very cool. I eventually want to try shooting with a scope but right now I’m just trying to get good shots of the stars and Milkyway with my DSLR.

I really like Nashville. I don’t make it up there often but am hoping to make it back up there sometime this year. I’ve seen some really great shows at the Frist and need to actually keep up with their exhibitions.

1 Like

Do you have a motorized equatorial mount for the DSLR to use for those long nighttime exposures? It’s surprising how fast the Earth’s rotation causes the stars to shift their positions.

Not yet but it’s on the list. I only started looking into astrophotography this year since it’s the one area of photography that my husband is actually interested in and I think it would be fun. We’ve been out to shoot twice while on the west coast this year with just the equipment I already have and have learned that there are a ton of things to take into account when trying to get good pictures of the night sky. I want to pick up an ultra-wide lens this summer when my budget allows and I’ll probably look into a mount after that purchase.

Born and raised in Singapore, moved to Japan when 20 and have been here since then.

3 Likes

Antwerp, Belgium

2 Likes

Sonoma County, California, aka wine country. About an hour north of San Francisco.

I love the Sonoma Valley. It’s a beautiful place.

Ravenshoe - Australia

1 Like

I am located in the region where the German knie points :wink:

Fred W. Rose, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Which region on our blue dot is GraphicDesignForum based in?

3 Likes

Ahh, you’re from the good, old Austro-Hungarian Empire. Cool map.

The Graphic Design Forum doesn’t really have a home base. Since it’s an English-language forum, most of its participants are from English-speaking countries. Quite a few participants from other countries around the world join in too.

… and a few spammers, which is the real yardstick of success.

My husband and I are hoping we can either eventually move there for a while through his job with Honda or at the very least live there for a bit when we retire (far in the future).

1 Like