Wholesome goodness to brighten your day!

3 Likes

I remember teachers probably the way teachers remembered us students. There were few bad and few good. In the end, I found the system quite daunting for teachers and students.

2 Likes

My senior year, I made my French Teacher cry. Well, he teared up a bit and in quivery voice, he said, in his over 30 years of teaching, no one had ever asked him to sign their senior yearbook.

I always liked the teachers best that made you work for your grade.

3 Likes

If you don’t eat yer meat, you can’t have any pudding
How can you have any pudding if you don’t eat yer meat?
You! Yes, you behind the bike stands
Stand still, laddy!

I was always in trouble in elementary and (especially) junior and senior high school. I didn’t like school until I got into college. Then everything fell into place, and I loved it.

Coincidentally, I had a high school reunion last weekend. In a weird reversal of roles, I was even on the organizing committee.

2 Likes

ursa

4 Likes

I’m not sure if this belongs in this thread or the architecture thread, but Frank Lloyd Wright once designed a dog house for a child.

4 Likes

The roof leaked too, which was somewhat typical of Wright’s work.

I’ve always suspected this, just looking at some of his buildings.
Very cute story though!

1 Like

4 Likes

I believe the majority are good people. They are maybe just not the loudest.

3 Likes

I was in a drive up line at Dunkins and when I placed my order, I told them I wanted to pay for the police officer in front of me. She said, “you can’t do that.” I’m like “why not?”
“The guy in front of him got it.” We laughed.
I get to the window and she tells me, “No charge.”
“Huh?”
“The officer was so grateful two people wanted to buy him breakfast that he bought yours.”
Life is good sometimes. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That’s really kind of you, often people don’t appreciate the amount of crazy things officers deal with everyday and how little support and compensation, recognition and respect they get for it :beers: !

3 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

5 Likes

via

6 Likes

5 Likes

What an Amazing Thread :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Been a slow day at work so poked around and found this thread… Constantly holding back tears at work now reading these, hahaha. Love wholesome people and keep it comin (:

3 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes