Your neck of the woods

We are doing ok here … but just a couple miles away it’s brought down trees all over. Lots without power. National Grid has their work cut of for them today.

My neck of the woods? The trees are Pantone 476 and bare. The sky is Pantone Cool Gray 5. Man, I can not wait until the grass turns Pantone 356 and needs to be cut.

1 Like

My neck of the woods are 4 swirly lines in front of flying hats, bicycles, dogs and next door neighbors in motion from the 50 MPH winds we are experiencing now.

1 Like

Here’s a quick snapshot I just took of our backyard — not much color this time of year. It’s been snowing for the past few days, but has been melting almost as fast as it’s come down. We have, maybe, a foot on the ground. The ski resorts up the canyon from us have really been hammered. Alta’s had about 388 inches of snow for the season so far. I’m really ready for spring.

2 Likes

LOL Steve and EB :wink:

and B … Yikes!!! :flushed:

That’s 388 inches for the winter so far, but it settles and melts a little on warmer days. Looks like they have 130 inches on the ground right now, which is still over 10 feet.

1 Like

Unless you travel up to Whiteface, most of the ski places around here have to make their own snow lately. The past few years have been dismal for skiers … and there are snowmobiles for sale on every corner :wink:

Until the past couple of years, we’ve been in a drought here. It’s still drier than usual, but the mountains have gotten plenty of snow, which is what keeps the cities supplied with water during the summer when it almost never rains.

So like the resorts in your neck of the woods, they haul out the snowmaking machines when it doesn’t snow. Typically, they’ll start blowing artificially made snow onto the slopes in November to give them a jump start on the season.

I’ve never had much interest in downhill skiing or snowboarding, though. Too dangerous and too expensive for my tastes. I know way too many people who have had broken bones, and severed knee ligaments from spills on the slopes.

1 Like

I can trip and fall going up stairs lol … downhill skiing is not for me :wink: I too have seen far too many banged up from it. and the $$$ a lift ticket is about 100 per day at the really good slopes … I don’t know how folks afford it. Some seem to go every day. I’m just not a winter sports person at all. I’m a watcher … not a doer lol :wink:

I don’t want to count my sheep too soon, but is spring here already? Our long term forecast is filled with mid-50s to mid-60s. Once daylight savings kicks in this weekend, the after-work group bicycle rides will fire up. Can’t wait!

1 Like

I’m hoping for the best myself :wink:

It’s fairly mild and the sun is beautiful today. A couple of windows are wide open :wink:

1 Like

It’s above zero, yay! … and will be so for a week!

The Magnolia trees of Saratoga are in full bloom. They don’t last long, but they sure are gorgeous :slight_smile:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Look “who” was hanging out in our back yard this morning. Get it?

4 Likes

Nice shootin’!

1 Like

Nice photos! I love getting a glimpse of an owl. I sometimes hear them at night, but it’s not often that I see them.

1 Like

HotButton

Just-B

Thanks! We’ll see owls around dusk and hear them from time to time at night, but to see one in the morning is rare.

I regret to have said that. We’re heading towards mid-30s in a day or two.

What a beautiful owl :heart: